{Four}

They all walked through the door and Vanessa sat on the couch. Riker Sat next to her and Ross and Laura walked in the kitchen. "Laura dear, can you set the table?" Lillian, Laura's mom asked. "Of course." Laura answered. "May I help with something Mrs. Marano?" Ross asked. "Yes you may. You can help Laura set the table." Lillian answers. "Oh and Ross honey, call me Lillian." Lillian tells him.

Laura and Ross set out plates, forks, and knives. Laura set a napkin under each pair of utensils. "How about the adults stay here and we can eat outside on the porch with a blanket?" Laura told Lillian. "Sounds like a great idea. Can you guys go get everyone for dinner?" Lillian asked. Laura and Ross walk to the living and tell Vanessa and Riker. They then walk upstairs and knock on Ross's parents door.

Richard answers the door and smiles. "Dinners ready!" Ross and Laura say at the same time. They look at each other and smile. "We'll be right down." Richard said and Ross and Laura walked downstairs. Laura was looking through a closet and finally found a big enough blanket. She grabbed it and walked out to the porch. She layed the blanket out and went back inside.

Once everyone grabbed there plates Laura, Ross, Riker, and Vanessa went out to the porch. They sat on the blanket and ate away.

Laura's POV

All through out dinner there was smiles and laughs. It was actually a really good feeling to have. When dinner was done me and Vanessa went upstairs to get Alyssa ready for bed. "Can Ryland sleep in my room?" Alyssa asked. "Maybe tomorrow we can all sleep in the living room, but tonight you gotta sleep alone okay." Vanessa said. Alyssa looked sad.

"Want us to sing you nightingale?" I ask. She nods with that sad look painted on her face. I grab my guitar and seat back on the floor in front of her bed with Vanessa next to me. I strum chords and start to sing.

Laura

I can't sleep tonight

wide awake

and so confused

everything's in line

but I am bruised

Vanessa

I need a voice

to echo

I need a light

to take me home

I kinda need a hero

is it you

Both

I've never seen the forest

fore the trees

I could really use your melody

baby I'm a little blind

I think it's time

for you to find me

can you be my

nightingale

sing to me

I know your there

Vanessa

you could be

my sanity

Laura

bring me peace

sing me to sleep

Both

say you'll be my nightingale

Alyssa was fast asleep and Vanessa and I kissed her forehead. We looked at the door to see a certain blonde headed boy staring at us. Vanessa just walks off and I look at Ross. "You never said you could sing." Ross said. "You never asked." I reply. My mom then walks up to us with pillow cases. "Laura, can you put these pillow cases on Riker and Ross's Pillows please?" Mom asked. "Of course." I answer.

I take the pillow cases and walk to Riker's room. "Knock Knock, guess who?" I say knocking on the door. "Come in." He replied. I open up the door and hand him the pillow cases. "We were suppose to put them on earlier but they were drying." I explain. "Oh that's fine. Thank you." He said. I smile and walk out. Ross was waiting for me outside the door. I hand him his pillow cases and smile. "Go to sleep." I say.

"Okay, fine! Good night Laura." "Good night Ross."

No words...

Believe In Yourself<333