{Twenty Three}

Laura's POV

The next morning I woke and checked the time. 5am, why am I awake? It's Sunday. I close my eyes and couldn't go back to sleep so I thought I'd do my run to the lake. I haven't gone for my run since Ross got here.

That was about 3 or 2 months ago. When Ross leaves I'm gonna have to get things back on track so minus well start now. I put on a pair of sweats and a tank top. I had a bathing suit on under my clothes. As always.

I throw on tennis shoes, grab my jacket, and run downstairs. I walk to the kitchen and grab a water bottle from the fridge. I hear the front door knob start wiggling and I kneel down, hiding behind the counter. I hear the door open and start slowly crawling.

My heart is beating so fast, the fear running through my body is indescribable. I slowly peek half my head out to look at the door and see and guy in black. I move my head away before he looked at me and started to breathe fast.

I slowly start to crawl toward the staircase making sure he doesn't see me. I feel hands on me and turn me around. My eyes are popping ut of my head as I get up and run to the kitchen.

I know what your thinking, why not run upstairs? I have a plan. I hide behind the counter again and he comes in. I crawl to the other side as he comes to where I was. I grab a pan and slolwy crawl behind him. I slolwy stand up and hit him in the back of the head with the pan.

He falls to the ground and I grab the biggest knife there. I let out a breath of relief thinking he was knocked out. I put the knife down and walk past him. He grabs my ankle and my eyes go wide. "NO! HELP!" I yell. He stands up and grabs the knife.

Vanessa then walks in and turns on the light. "Take one step and she goes bye bye." The guys says pointing the knife at me. Not such a deep voice. Sounds like a teenager. Riker and Ross then come and Vanessa stops them.

I pull his hoodie off his head and he points the knife closer to my neck. "Please don't do it!" Vanessa says. "Your a teenager?" I say. He looks at me. He was holding me by my jacket hoodie.

"If you want food, I could make you something. Or if you need clothes, just ask for money." I say. "Shut up! Your just saying that! You wouldn't actually help me, no one helps a poor boy." The teen says.

"Who ever did that in your past is that person. Not everyone is the same." I tell him. I see tears in his eyes as he looks at Vaness and Riker then at me. "I don't want to. They are making me. If I don't get the money, they will-" he starts.

"Let me go. I can help." I say. "We all can." Ross says. The boy lets me go and I run into Ross's arms. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I'm fine." I say digging my head into his neck. I hug tighter not wanting to let go. We pull away and I turn to the kid.

"Whats your name? How old are you? Who are these people and what do they want from you?" I ask. I had more questions swarming my mind but he looked frustrated enough.

"My name is Mason. I'm 14 years old and I need $30,000."