Falling Badly | V

"Kim Taehyung!" The teacher yelled. I yawned and looked up at the teacher. "No sleeping in class, you're lucky that class just started," she said. Everyone giggled silently, while i rolled my eyes.

   I slumped on my chair, my eyes roamed around the classroom, trying to find something different. Usually, the teacher wouldn't catch me sleeping that fast, unless something happened.

   My eyes landed on a girl, who I couldn't recognize. She must have been new and introduce herself, causing the the teahcher to see me sleeping. I looked at her and her features. Somethings different about her. I just couldn't put my finger to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I watched her from the distants. Leaning against the lockers with one earphone in my ear and a lollipop in my mouth. "Hey, you look fine. How about you go to dinner with me? Or we could do something else," a guy bothered her. She ignored him and continued to walk, but that didn't stop him.

   "Listen when I talk to you," he said pushing her against the wall, causing her to yelp in pain. I scoffed. Who taught this guy how to flirt? Seriously.

   I walked behind him and hooked my arm around him. I took out the lollipop out of my mouth with my hooked arm, while my free arm was in my pocket. "I think you should go and stop bothering her," I said, scaring the guy. He just stared at me with eyes filled with fear. I put the lollipop back into my mouth and unhooked my arm around his neck. He bowed at me and scurried off.

   I looked back her, who wanted to say something, but I guess she was too scared to. I sighed in annoyance. "Idiot girl, you should just tell him no and defend yourself," I said coldly before leaving her. "I-I'm sorry," she said softly, but I was able to hear her.

   Was I too cold on her? She did sound like she was disappointed. I looked behind me and she was already gone. I clenched my fists in my pockets. Why do I feel like this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   She seemed to be getting bullied a lot lately, lucky for her, I toned it down. Girls who were jealous because of guys hitting on her. But it's like she doesn't care. She has the same face everyday, like nothing is bothering her at all.

   A lot of students tried to pull a prank on her, but I managed to stop them before she steps on their trap. Sometimes I would just glare at someone who bad mouthed her.

   I don't know what's gotten into me. It's like I have to protect her. Eachtime she caught me staring at her, I have to look away, like I'm ashamed of myself or something. My chest aches when she walks past me and I just can't stop think about her. Maybe I… like her.

   "What are you doing with that thing?" Jimin hyung asked, pointing at the little lion I have in my hands.

   "It's Valentine's day, he's going to give it to that girl he keeps looking at," Jungkook answered for me.

   Jimin chuckled and smirked. "He's still stalking her?" Jungkook nodded and laughed with him.

   I sighed and leered at them, becoming more pissed off. "Woah, don't need to be touchy hyung," Jungkook said.

   "I don't blame him. She's hot, even I would hit that," Jimin said, sending me over the edge.

   I walked over to him sith my fists ready to punch him. He's lucky that he has his precious Jungkook to protect him. "Dude, I was joking!" he said. I rolled my eyes and backed away.

   "I'm going," I mumbled, walking out of our empty classroom hangout.

   I went to her locker and stared at it. Should I give it to her? I do like her, but would she know it was from me? If she does, would she be happy or disappointed. What if she thought it was from someone else?

   While in thought, I heard her behind me. "Um, excuse me?" She said. I widened my eyes in surprise and quickly moved out of the way, with the toy behind my back.

   She put in a rose and a pink note into her locker, which made me somehow clenched onto the toy in anger. She bowed at me before leaving, like she doesn't remember me.

   When she turned to the corner, I opened her locker and placed the lion in the middle of her stuff. I had to bribe the teacher to give me her locker combination. He was stupid enough to do that.

   Sighing like usual, I went to the library to take a nap. I went to the couch that was in the corner of the library, before I could close my eyes, I noticed _____ studying her eyes off across from me. "Nerd," I thought to myself smirking a little, closing my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I winced and opened my eyes, seeing the dark, empty library. Damn, how long have I slept? I looked at my phone and saw it was nearly seven.

   I got up and decided to walk home. I stretched and yawned while walking. Feeling tired again.

   "Ah!" I heard a girl scream. Squinting my eyes a little, I saw ____ being attacked by a drunk man. His mouth was on her neck, while she was trying to kick him off. Blood ran through my vains as I quickly ran and pushed the man. "Stay away from her," I said grabbing her, so she can be behind me.

   The bastard laughed and had a knife in his hand. "A little boy like you can't stop me," he chuckled out. I scoffed and took off my jacket, letting her hold it.

   He swinged the knife at me, but I dodged it, kneeing him in the stomach. He grunted in pain, but still won't give up. He swinged at me again and missed. Stupid drunk. I punched him in the face, hopefully knocking him into a unconscious state.

   He was in the ground, not moving. I turned around and saw her squeezing onto my jacket. But, what made my heart thump, was what she was holding on her other hand. The lion.

   "B-behind you!" She yelled. That's when I felt a sharp pain in my back. I quickly turned around and swinged my fist at him. "Who the hell are you," he asked as I knelt over to him, taking the knife away from him. "Let's just say, I make people's lives a living hell," I said standing up and kicking him for the last time.

   I grabbed her hand and quickly ran away. Taking her to my place, which was close by. She kept asking where we were going, but i ignored her and just kept running.

   We were now in my room, I took out some cream and a wet towel, before giving it to her. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. I took off my uniform and notice how bloody it was. "Just put it on the wound," I said turning my back towards her. She dabbed the wet towel on the wound, washing the blood off. Then opened the cream and started to put it. "Does it hurt?" She asked. I nodded, "I've been through worse." "I can see that," she said refering to the other scars that were on my back.

   When she was done, I put on a shirt and looked at how she was hugging the lion. It was on her lap, right against her stomach. She was looking at it, with her finger twirling it's tail around.

   "You own me one," I said making her look at me. She stuttered, but couldn't say anything. "How about, you come hang out with me, ever week for now on," I said. "I-I don't know," she said.

   Her phone suddenly rang and she quickly picked it up. "Hello? Yes, I'm alright. Um, I'm at a… friend's house. Alasso, I'll be home soon. Ah, oppa thank you for the rose," she said before hanging up. "Sorry that was my brother," she said.

   Oh, so the rose was from her brother.

   I smirked, "So since I'm your friend, I think you should come visit me every week." She choked on her words. "I-" "I've saved you so many times. Those pranks that our classmates tried to pull on you, was always stopped by me. When you got bullied, I stopped it. And that lion, was from me," I said nearly confessing everything.

   "Do you… like me?" She asked making me realise what I have said.

   I went silent again and avoided eye contact. The only time I talked was a confession. Great…

   "Okay, I'll try hanging out with you every so often," she said making me smile.

   "Oh,also one more thing," I said. She hummed in confusion, before I sat closer to her. I quickly leaned in and pecked her on the lips. She backed away from shock. "W-What was that for?" She asked feeling her lips. I curved my lips.

   "I like you, don't I?"