Ripe | Jin

I... can't... reach... it! But, I'm so close. I'm trying to grab the apple which was perfectly ripe enough to be eaten.  I put my bag down before jumping for it.

   "Do you need help?" Someone asked behind me. I turned around and saw Jin sunbae behind me. "Sunbae, I'm trying to get this apple, but I can't reach it!" I told him pointing at it. He chuckled a little, "All this trouble for an apple?" I pouted, "If I don't get it now, then the apple wouldn't be perfect anymore!"

   "Alasso, alasso," he said putting his bag down up against the tree. He tiptoed and reached for it. Before he could give it to me, he wiped it against his shirt and took a bite off of it. "Yah! That was mine," I yelled flailing my arms around. "Paboya, I helped you. At least let me take a bite off of it," he said poking my forehead. He then gave me the bitten apple and ruffled my hair while I pouted. "Hurry up, you don't want your mom to worry." I nodded and held the in my mouth while grabbing my bag.

   "Here let me hold it for you," he said taking my bag so I can eat the apple. I took a big bite from it and skipped happily before he started to laugh at me. "What?" I asked walking now. "You look cute when you eat. It's like your a chipmunk," he said squeezing my left cheek. "Sunbae," I said angrily before taking another bite from the apple.

   "Why do you always call me sunbae? Why not call me oppa? We live right next to each other,"  He asked. "Because, I don't see you as an oppa. I see you as my sunbae, since you're two years older then me and you do help me with my school work," I said.

   He suddenly stopped in his tracks and stared at nothing. "Eh? Sunbae, what's wrong?" I asked stopping and looking at him. He didn't move. "Jin?" I said poking his stomach. Damn, he's not even blinking. "Yah, Sunbae! Stop playing around and let's go home!" I grabbed his arm and tried to drag him but he won't budge.

   I tried pushing and tickling him. "Ugh aish, you're the one who's gonna make my mom worry!" I grunted as I try to push him again. "Oppa!" I yelled in from of him. "Eh? What happened?" He smirked and started to walk. "Ugh, I hate you!" I yelled. He chuckled, "I know you love me."

   I went silent giving him the silent treatment. "Yah, you're not mad at me are you?" He asked. Just stay quiet. "Ah, I see," he said. He kneeled down to my height and kissed my cheek. I instantly backed away from him and covered my cheek which was hot. "Wh-what was that for?!" I yelled stuttering. I clutched on my collar as I felt my heart pounding.

   "To make you talk," he said grinning. I sighed heavily. "Come here," he said motioning me to stand next to him. I did, looking at the floor silently. He put his arm around me and rubbed my right arm. I couldn't help but let a smile crept on my face. This is a first, I never felt like this before, but I'm getting a feeling it will grow stronger. It makes me happy that Jin's me neighbor and friend, I've gotta admit that. I wonder if he feels likes this too.

   My eyes widen and I gasped dramatically realising something. "What?" He asked surprised by my sudden outburst. "THE APPLE IS GONE! NOOOOO!"