Chapter 7

I woke up to my alarm, Grace softly snored herself to sleep. My alarm was ten minutes early, so I got up and let Grace sleep in. Walking into my bathroom, I took a quick shower before drying off and getting dressed. I wore a white long sleeve dress collared shirt, a black v-neck sweater, and a grey skirt. It was pretty chilly outside, so I was kinda skeptic on the skirt.

Grace lazily walked into the bathroom and groaned, " I hate mornings." I smiled at her as I applied eyeshadow and mascara. " You look cute," Grace said washing her face. I handed her a towel, she dried her face off. " Why do I always look like a homeless man when standing next to you?" Grace asked as she grabbed her school uniform. Grace wore a white long sleeve collared shirt, a grey v-neck sweater, and a dark grey skirt.

We walked downstairs with our bags, Grace sat up at the counter and pulled out her phone

We walked downstairs with our bags, Grace sat up at the counter and pulled out her phone. " Did you hear about that girl Sofia?" " Yeah," I said, taking out two glass bowls. I set them down and grabbed the cereal, fruit loops, from out of the pantry. Grace poured her bowl and added milk before eating. " Mateo Sanchez his hot," Grace added. I secretly rolled my eyes, " Sofia's parents are forcing her to marry some guy she barely knows." " We're in the mafia Thal, girls opinions don't matter," Grace said. She couldn't have been more right.

All three boys walked into the kitchen. I swore I saw Nicolo's eyes glance at Grace's skirt. " What are you guys doing here?" I asked leaning against the counter, next to Grace. " Work's starting late," Emiliano said. He grabbed my prepaid bowl of cereal and snarfed it down. I glared at him before remaking my breakfast. " You staying over tonight?" Carlo asked Grace. " Uh, I don't know," Grace said. Carlo looked at me and I glared at him, he just grinned and sat down on the other side of Grace.

" Did mom find you two?" Adriano asked biting into a banana. " No," I answered eating my cereal. Grace looked at me and gave me the you-didn't-tell-me-you-had-four-hot-brothers look. I sighed and continued eating my cereal, Nicolo walked over to the fridge and opened it. " You do a sport?" Carlo asked. " Uh, not yet," Grace answered. She looked at Carlo, " but I was thinking about starting volleyball." Carlo smiled, " you'd be great at that." I rolled my eyes, Carlo had never even met the girl and was acting as if they new each other for years. I finished my food and walked over to the sink, " when are you guys leaving for school?" Emiliano asked. " Ten minutes," I answered. Grace stood up and set her bowl down in the sink, all boys except for Emiliano watched Grace as she turned back around. I cleared my throat, everyone looked at me, including Grace. " We're leaving," I informed. " You just said you had ten minutes," Adriano said. I looked at him, Grace looked at me and held back a smile.
                               - - -
As we drove to school, Grace bombarded me with questions about all four of my brothers. And being the nice best friend I am, I answered every single one of them.

" Why didn't you tell me you had siblings, let alone brothers?" Grace asked. " Because you didn't ask," I responded. Grace rolled her eyes and changed her position, so her bag was against the car door. " You should ask your parents if they can arrange a marriage with one of your brothers," Grace said. I almost choked on air, I looked at Grace who was smiling from ear to ear. " Excuse me?" I asked with my eyebrows raised. " Hey, you literally have four mouthwatering brothers," Grace said. " And I think, no, I know one of your brothers would make the hottest kids with me." I shook my head and chuckled, " you getting married to one of my brothers is the last thing I want to happen." Grace closed her eyes and folded her arms, " you can't hog everything." I frowned and looked at her, " how am I hogging everything?" Grace opened one eye, " your tall, beautiful, insanely rich, and base the best body, and have four insanely hot brothers." I smiled, " your life is literally a dream anyone would beg to have," Grace added. My smile faded off my face, my life wasn't perfect, and I definitely wasn't perfect.
                                - - -
Walking down the school halls, Grace and I headed down to my locker. I put in the combination before opening my locker and emptying my things from my bag into it. " Imagine if your family is like insanely rich, and then you marry some guy who's also insanely rich," Grace said, leaning against the locker next to mine. I sighed and closed my locker before looking at her. " You'd be like, rich rich." I readjusted my bag on my back and folded my arms, " is money the only thing you care about in an arranged marriage?" " No," Grace said frowning. She smiled, " I also want kids." I nodded, something different for a change.

Grace looked past me and raised an eyebrow, " your second favorite person in this school is walking down this hall." The happiness I had in my body evaporated out of me. Alessandro. I rolled my eyes, " be nice," Grace said sternly. Alessandro and his group walked up to us, " Thalia," Alessandro said. I glared at Grace before turning around and planting a fake smile on my face. " Hey," I said. " How was last night?" Alessandro said, looking from Grace to me. " It was fun," Grace interjected out conversation. She stepped forward, " you should've come." I shot grace a death glare, " don't," I mouthed. " I should've," Alessandro said. I looked back at him, " some of us are going out tonight, wanna come?" Alessandro asked. " I'm bu," I began to say. " We'd love to," Grace said, cutting me off. Alessandro smiled, his friends did too. " Great, I can pick you up tonight at 8:30," Alessandro said. Grace smiled and wrapped an around around my shoulders, " can't wait." Alessandro nodded before walking past us. I could practically see the gears in his head turning, planning a way on how to get his hands on both Grace and I later tonight.

" I really hate you," I said to Grace as she dropped her arm from around my shoulder. " You're welcome," Grace said. " Uh, no," I corrected. " The only reason why Alessandro wants to hang out with us is because we're the only girls in this entire school who hasn't slept with him." Grace rolled her eyes, " we're not going to sleep with him." I folded my arms and raised my eyebrows, " then what are we planning on doing?" Grace smiled, " we both still have our virginities and I've heard rumors about Alessandro being a beast in bed." I slapped Grace on the arm, " you must be talking to the wrong person if you think I'm getting anywhere near that piece of shit." Grace chuckled, " you just need to be tamed." I scoffed, " I'm perfectly fine on my own, I don't need some dumb ass whispering thoughts into my ear." Grace folded her arms, " I bet he speaks Italian when in bed, especially when he whispers things into girls' ears." I stared at Grace, " you're unbelievably naive." Grace sighed, " it's what makes me, me." I couldn't help but smile, Grace was too much.