Chapter 61: Antonio's POV

Flashback from last night

" THALIA!" I yelled as I ran after her down the building steps. In my entire life, I had never ran as fast as I was now. My eyes glued on her red dress as she ran down to the car that drove us to tonight's event. My heart pounded in my chest, blood coursing throughout my body. I was going to loose her, the woman I loved more than anything in life was slipping away from me because I fucked up.

Thalia jumped into a car and sped off mere seconds before I reached the curb. My eyes filled with tears, and my chest heaving up and own. I didn't care about the crowd staring and whispering around me. I ran my hands through my hair and clenched it. My eyes glossy as I watched the love of my life drive away from me.

All I had to to was tell her the fucking truth, and none of this would've happened. I fucked up because I was drunk dick to realize how this would affect me, how it would affect Thalia. I lost her because I was drunk, I lost her because I pictured her as Evelina. The one person who pushed away the darkness in my life was gone because I was a selfish, drunk, dick.

        - - -
I sat in my office, my eyes glued on my computer. Work had gotten busy, and other mafia gangs began to threat other gangs including mine. A slight migraine thumbed in my head, but I pushed it away by taking some ibuprofen and a glass of water. The light in my body was gone, the office felt dark and empty without it her. I don't know where she was, I called the hotel but they said they didn't know if a Thalia Galonos staying at the hotel or left. I called almost every hotel in Italy, nothing. I had stayed up all night searching for her, calling her phone and texting her several times. I could feel the old me resurfacing back, and I knew it wouldn't take long until I was back to the dark, killing, man I was before I met Thalia. And right now, I needed her to subdue my anger and the darkness. But she was gone, because I pushed her away.

My office door opened, my mom walked. " I'm busy, I'll talk later," I said scribbling down on a notepad. My mom walked up to me and closed my computer. " Where is she?" My mom asked. I sighed, " I don't know." A soft scoff exited my mom's mouth, " what happened last night?" I rubbed the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes. " Antonio what happened?" My mom pushed. I opened my eyes and stared at the door, " nothing." My mom raised her eyebrows, " nothing? Thalia ran out of the event last night with tears drenching her face, don't tell me that was nothing." I leaned back in my seat and looked up at my mom. " What happened?" My mom asked, her voice full of worry. " She's gone," I simply said. " I messed up and, she left, she's not combing back." My mom shook her head, " I don't know what happened, but you need to get off your chair and find her." I scoffed, " I don't know where she is, she's gone, I don't know where to look for her." My mom stared at me, " Antonio do you love this girl?" I shook my head in annoyance, " do you?" My mom pushed. " Yes," I said. " Then why on earth are you letting her get away?" My mom asked. I stared at my half written notepad. " If you truly love her, go look for her," my mom said. " And I know you want to, you're just too stubborn and a pain in the ass to admit it." I looked up at my mom and knew she was right. My mom nodded before turning and walking up to the door. She opened it and paused, " Thalia didn't leave you, she was there and you pushed her away." I looked up at my mom as she walked out to my office and closed the door behind her.

It was nearing 6 pm, and I wasn't even near the end of work. I hadn't eaten since last night, my mind was only focused on Thalia and how badly I messed our relationship up. I thought back to what my mom said, about going out and looking for her.

And I was, I may have fucked everything up, but that didn't mean I was going to let her get away from me. I was going to take in control and take back the one important thing that belonged to me. I was going to find her, I was going to bring her back to me, back home.

I called up every guard that I had in my building and at the hotel to my lobby. At least a hundred and fifteen men in black suits stood before me. " I know this may not seem important or wise to many of you here, but this is very crucial to me," I announced. My eyes wondered about the room, " many of you may know Thalia Galonos." I expected to see many eye rolls or annoyed sounds, but I didn't. " Everyone in this room is going to be assigned an area in Italy, and I mean all of Italy." I took a deep breath in, my nerves began to jump around on the idea of Thalia being somewhere in Italy and me not knowing where. " If anyone doesn't like my plan then by all means, the doors to this building are open." Every man in the lobby stood still, no one moved. " Okay," I sighed. " Everyone pair up in teams of ten, and then I'll give you your areas."

As I watched men get into groups, my anxiousness for Thalia's well-being and safety rose. I had uncountable amounts of enemies in Italy, all who wouldn't think twice of killing someone such as Thalia. Composing myself, I stood up straight and began giving out areas in Italy to groups.

I was going to find Thalia, even if it meant pushing off work and running my soon to be family mafia gang. Thalia was my world, and I'll not letting her get away from me.

          •••
Again, sorry about this cheater being short. I wanted to put a chapter from Antonio's POV before I began to do it from Thalia's, lmao. But anyway, how's the book? Y'all like every thing so far? Please comment, like, and vote!!💕