Chapter 27

Sunlight seeped into my room, birds cawed in the distance. The fan in my room was on high, I stretched and opened my eyes. It was 8 am, as always, I loved the mornings. I yawned and sat up, my hair was damp from my shower. I groaned as I tried to detangle to many knots in my hair. My phone buzzed on my bedside table, Grace was calling. " Hey," I said rubbing my eyes. " You haven't called or texted me in the past few days," Grace informed. " I'm kinda busy at the moment," I said getting out of bed. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the lights. I squinted as the brightness burned my tired eyes. " So, what's up with you and Mr. Hottie?" Grace asked. I scoffed and smiled, " nothing." My brain immediately averted to last nights late collision with Antonio. I swallowed and thought about something else. " Has he made a move on you yet?" Grace asked. " No," I said putting some mint toothpaste on my toothbrush. " I can just image how good he is," Grace began saying. " I'm going to change the conversation to something else," I said, ending Grace's topic. " Fine, what's better than what I was talking about?" Grace asked. " Sophia," I informed. I could practically Grace frowning without actually having to see her. " Who's Sophia?" Grace asked. I sighed, " the girl Antonio planned on eloping with and marrying," I informed. I knew Grace had her jaw hanging down. " You stole some girls man?" Grace asked. " Okay, first of all I had no idea Antonio was taken," I interjected. Grace chuckled, " wow, you stole someone's man." I rolled my eyes and stuck my toothbrush into my mouth.

" So how's Milan, for the second time?" Grace asked. " Better than the first," I said brushing my teeth. " Any bitchy skinny Milan girls?" Grace asked. " Yes actually," I said smiling. I spat out the toothbrush and swished around some water in my mouth before spitting it out. " What's planned for you for today?" Grace asked. " Uh I'm going swimming and then we're having a BBQ," I informed. Grace groaned, " you're literally living my dream. Hot guys, delicious food, shopping malls with cute guys..." Grace went on and on about how my new life was perfect and was going to be even better once Antonio and I got married. A knock at my door cut off Grace's long list. "Grace, imma have to get back to you later," I said. " Okay, but say hi to Mr. Hottie for me okay?" I smiled, " not going to happen." " Ugh, okay fine, by!" Grace said. I ended the call and ran over to my door, I opened it to find a maid.

" I've been sent up here to bring you down for breakfast," the maid said. " Okay," I said. " Let me just get changed first." The maid smiled and nodded, I closed the door and ran over to my closet. I wore a pair of loose white shorts and a light pink tank top. I slipped into a grey sweater before walking back to the door and opening it. The maid smiled at me, " follow me please." I closed the door behind me and followed the maid down to everyone else. I hugged myself as I walked into the kitchen. Mrs. Brambilla turned and smiled at me, " good morning Thalia." I smiled at her and she walked up to me and hugged me, I hugged her back. " Did you sleep well?" " Yes, my room is absolutely beautiful," I answered. Mrs. Brambilla nodded, " Antonio knew you'd like it." My smile faded off my face, he knew I'd like it?"

" Okay okay everyone sit down," Mrs. Brambilla instructed. Everyone gathered up and sat down at the table, my mom sat down at the other end along with my father. A girl wearing a white silk lace night gown stared at me, when I looked at her she smirked at me and turned to her friends. What was with every single girl in Milan and me? Was it because I was going to marry Antonio Brambilla or because I stood out like a sore thumb? Bitches be mad for no reason.

                                - - -
By the time breakfast was over and every conversation had ended, it was almost 10 am. I cleared my plate and set it in the dishwasher before making my way to the stairs. " Thalia!" A young voice called to me. I stoped and turned around, the girls staring at me during breakfast walked up to me. " I love your shirt," the girl in the red silk dress complimented. I stared at her, how dumb did she think I was? I forced myself to smile, " thank you." A girl in a pink silk dress stepped up, " your hair is beautiful." I eyed her, " thanks." A girl in a baby blue lace dress folded her arms and studied me. I looked at her, " so do you even like Antonio?" She asked me.