Chapter 41

Okay, I'm sorry if the book seems long and boring. Starting NOW, things will start to pick up. I'm just trying to get Antonio and Thalia's life/ love life started and it's taking a long time.

                                     •••
How's the book so far? And please, give me your honest opinions 😉💕

About four weeks went by since Antonio and I arrived in Venice. Starting today, it would be the first day of Antonio's official work day. Antonio told me that he wanted to leave for Venice earlier to get a head start on some work, but now is when things began to pick up and get rowdy. Our hotel room is beginning to look more like a room now that we went shopping for our stay in Venice. More work dinners are being piled up, but I didn't complain because I got my own personal treat afterwards. I started to understand what it meant to be with a mafia leader. I knew what to expect, I didn't let any negative comments or opinions that were thrown at me affect me. I was beginning to feel valued by Antonio, he was the only person right now keeping me sane.

                                   - - -
I walked into Antonio's office with my hands full of folders and papers. Antonio nodded to me as he ending a work call. I sat the papers and folders down on his desk before folding my arms and scanning through a newspaper about the actions happening in Venice.

" Get back to me when you have everything sorted okay?" Antonio asked the other caller on the phone. I heard mumbling on the phone before Antonio hung up. " Whatcha got for me?" Antonio asked standing up and walking over to me. " Tons of thank you cards, money, and more shit about work," I sighed. Antonio smiled, " having you as my assistant is the only thing that keeps me on my feet." I held back a smile, " technically having me as your assistant is illegal." Antonio frowned, " how?" " Because working with me isn't far to the others," I informed. " How?" Antonio scoffed. I tilted my head, " how many mafia leaders do you know allows their soon to be wife to be their personal assistant?" A slow grin spread across Antonio's face, " okay, but I'm not letting you go." I grinned, Antonio stepped forward, slid his hand around my waist, and pulled me into a soft kiss. " I am also a distraction," I whispered, pulling away. " Then I'm definitely keeping you," Antonio said. We both smiled, Antonio was about to go back to the kiss when a knock at the door ended our little moment.  " I swear to god," Antonio said sternly, pissed off that out moment was interrupted. " Their doing their job, be nice," I said folding my arms.

Antonio walked over to the door and opened it, a man in a dark blue suit walked in. " I didn't expect you until later today," Antonio said, partly annoyed about how the man welcomed himself into the room. I looked at Antonio who looked like he was already done with the conversation. " Have you gotten any of my emails?" The man asked. " Yeah," Antonio sighed, putting his hands in his pockets. " And?" The man asked looking at Antonio. " I haven't read them," Antonio said calmly. The man raised his eyebrows, " you haven't looked over any of my emails?" Antonio rolled his eyes, only I saw it because that man didn't seem to be phased by Antonio's actions. I softly chuckled, catching the man's attention. He looked me up and down, " didn't know you had a visitor." " She's not a visitor," Antonio said, glaring at the man who was checking me out. Antonio's jaw clenched as the man's focus lingered on me. " You have a purpose on being in my office?" Antonio asked sternly but calmly. " Yes," the man said averting his attention back to Antonio. " The more emails I send you and you don't read, the more shit I get into." Antonio sat back down in his chair, " I'll get to them." " Now?" The man asked. Antonio rubbed the bridge of his nose, " yeah." The man sighed, " you have a week." Antonio paused before looking up at the man. " Are you telling me how long I have to get back to you?" The man swallowed, " you work for me," Antonio informed him as he stood up. I knew the man was startled because he took a step back from Antonio's desk. " Yes boss, I know," the man said. " Okay," Antonio said. " Now go." The man nodded, he looked at me and smiled. " And you are?" " Thal," I was about to answere when Antonio walked over to the door and opened it. " This conversation is over," Antonio said. The man nodded at me before turning and exiting the room.