Chapter 39

It was around 8pm, Antonio and I were ready and were waiting for him to finish up on a work call. I had dressed in the bathroom while Antonio dressed in our room, he didn't want to see my dress yet. My dress was a red off the shoulder floor length dress with a thin belt hugging around my waist. The neckline was a low v neck, the front of the dress had a slit, showing off my leg and upper thigh. I added some gold strappy heels to make the store look more accented.

I quickly touched up on my messy bun that I had perfected with a curling ironing, a few gold clips, and sparkly hairspray

I quickly touched up on my messy bun that I had perfected with a curling ironing, a few gold clips, and sparkly hairspray. I stared at myself in the mirror, I felt closed in. Like I wasn't myself anymore, wearing dressed, putting on makeup, and forcing my feet into heels wasn't that Thalia Galonos I knew before this whole arrangement. I stared at my makeup, there was so much of it on my face. I barely even recognized myself under everything.

A knock at the door startled me, I sighed. " You ready?" Antonio asked, done with his work call. " Yeah," I responded, putting my makeup back into my bag and wrapping up the curling iron before setting it underneath the sink.

I opened the bathroom to stare at Antonio's black suit back. " How long are you going to keep this up?" I asked. Antonio grinned, " I want it to be a surprise." I shook my head and around Antonio, he immediately shut his eyes and grinned. " Look at me," I chuckled. Antonio shook his head, " no." I sighed, " I don't even look that good, just open your eyes." Again, Antonio just grinned and shook his head. Giving up, I sighed, " fine." I stared at Antonio, " will you at least hold my hand?" Antonio nodded, " yes." He stuck out his hand and I entwined mine with his. " You smell good," Antonio said. I smiled, " you look good." " I'd say the same about you," Antonio began to say. " Only if yo'd open your damn eyes," I retorted. Antonio smiled and pulled my closer towards his chest. I looked up Antonio, who still had his eyes closed. " How are you going to walk down to the lobby with your eyes closed?" I asked. Antonio lifted up my hand and kissed the back of my hand, " I trust you not to kill me." We walked over to the door, " If you die, who gets your money?" I asked. Antonio held back a smile, " technically, you." I grinned, " don't even think about it," Antonio chuckled. I opened the door and accidentally smacked it into Antonio. He scoffed and smiled, " Thalia." I chuckled, " sorry."

- - -
The dinning halls were voluminous and dazzling. We walked down the hall, Antonio still had his eyes closed. " Oh my god," I said as Antonio kept his eyes closed. " Just open your damn eyes." Antonio pulled me closer and smiled, " not yet." People gave up weird looks, but I just ignored them and forced myself to give them a friendly smile. " People are looking at us," I whispered to Antonio. Antonio chuckled, " they're probably looking at you." I scoffed, " no, they're wondering why the man I'm with has his fucking eyes closed." Antonio lightly punched my side, causing my jaw to clench. " When are you going to open your eyes?" I asked as we turned the corner. " When it's the right time," Antonio answered. Suddenly, my phone rang. I rummaged through my bag before pulling out my phone. " Whose it?" Antonio asked. " My mom," I said. " I'll go get us a seat," Antonio said, knowing the call was going to be long and he wanted to give me some privacy. Right as he turned, I knew he opened his eyes.