Chapter 63

Guys, I am so freaking sorry that this book is long. I didn't plan on this book being as long as it is. I'm getting new ideas for every chapter I'm writing, and it's driving me crazy lmao. But I hope you guys are enjoying what I've written. Again, thank you so much for reading this book. And don't worry, I'm slowly going to be wrapping this book up soon :)

Oh and, how do y'all feel about Antonio and Thalia? Do you think Thalia did the right thing to fly back to Milan or no?Please comment, like, and vote!!💕

Also, the song above is only for the part where Thalia sees Antonio at the work dinner meeting, not the whole chapter ;)

                                        •••

I am suddenly woken up by the sound of my phone ringing. " Jesus Christ," I groaned. I grabbed my phone and brought it up to my ear. " Hello?" I tried to not sound annoyed and tired. " Thalia," Mrs. Galonos said kindly. I rubbed my face, it was 5am. " Hey," I said staring up into the darkness. " Antonio is having another work dinner event, and we need you to come down to Venice," Mrs. Brambilla informed.

Why the hell was she calling me this early in the morning to tell me this?

" Uh, why?" I asked. " Because pictures are going to be taken, and it's a tradition for the soon to be mafia leader of a family and his soon to be wife to be there," Mrs. Brambilla explained. I yawned, " uh, okay, uh when do I need to come down?" " Today, around noon," Mrs. Brambilla answered. I rolled my eyes, things couldn't get worse. " Okay, yeah, I'll see you later today," I forced myself to sound happy. " Great, Thalia I'm so excited to see you!" Mrs. Brambilla exclaimed. I chuckled, " you too." The call ended and I dropped my phone back on my bedside table. I sighed, it had been roughly about a month since I left Venice and now I was going back to the person who broke me in the worse ways possible.

But laying there in bed, I decided that I wasn't going to cry anymore about what Antonio did to me. I had changed, I had Emiliano advice and I wasn't going to let Antonio control me. Yes, he fucked up really bad, but that wasn't going to interfere with my life. I'm Thalia Galonos and I'm sure as hell not going to allow  some man to control my life.

                                         - - -
Within a few hours of flying, long and silent minutes of driving, I eventually arrived at my new hotel in Venice, Italy. Checking in, I used my middle name because I didn't want people from the Brambilla family knowing I was staying here.

And by anyone, I meant Antonio.

I had my bags sent up to my room while I took a visit to the hotels cafe. I ordered a caramel frappe and a blueberry muffin. Heading towards the elevator, I paused and stared at the magazine rack next to lounge area.

" Did Mr. Brambilla find a new woman?" One article title read.

" Where on earth did Thalia Galonos disappear off to?"

" Is the arranged marriage with Ms. Galonos and Mr. Brambilla still on?"

I rolled my eyes at all the fake paparazzi photos of me. How on earth did they even get pictures of me if I've been gone for a month? I finally arrived at my hotel room, I smiled at all the beautiful decorating. Jumping onto the bed, I got the food I had ordered and tuned on the tv. I had until 8 pm to be lazy and do whatever I wanted. At 7:30 precisely, I'd have an entire crew of makeup artists coming over and getting me ready for tonight's event. I had no idea what I was wearing or the makeup look I wanted. No one told me the theme or anything, all I knew is that I had to be at a certain address at eight.

Taking off my shoes and jacket, I walked into the bathroom. A lot of beautiful flowers sat on the counter. Gold lining decorated everything, white tile accented the bathroom as a whole. I walked further into the bathroom and frowned when I saw another door. Turning the door knob, I was astonished to find a spa. It was small, but the fact that there was a spa in my hotel room absolutely blew my mind. I smiled and shook my head before returning back to my bed.