Chapter 49: Antonio's POV

I looked around for Evelina, I knew she was here and I didn't want her around Thalia. My eyes were on high alert as I walked past women in dresses, non were Evelina. " Look what the devil brought in," a soft voice said from behind me. I turned around to see Evelina in a light purple lace bodycon dress. A teasing smile slipped across her face as she walked up to me. I looked around making sure Thalia was out of view before looking at Evelina. " We planning on sneaking out and going back to your place or what?" Evelina asked. She slid her hand up my arm and bit her lip, I shrugged off her hand. " We need to talk about your father, that's the plan right?" I asked wanting to get straight to the point. " Why are you so tense?" Evelina asked. " It's just me, we've been together before." I scoffed and shook my head, " being with you was a mistake I will never make again." Evelina clenched her jaw, " I'm doing this to help your father and your father only," I informed. Evelina stepped forward, " you and I both know exactly why you're doing this." I stared into Evelina's dark blue eyes. " The agreement was to help my father, and to be with me," Evelina said. My jaw clenched, I wanted to help Evelina's family with money. I wasn't going to back down unless they got something out of the whole chaos that was happening with to their business. Evelina said their family didn't need help from my family and that they were fine. I told her that I wasn't going to back down unless I helps their family, due to their family helping mine years ago. As twisted and selfish as Evelina is, she twisted the agreement. I had to be with her in order for me to help her family. Now, I know what you're all thinking. Thalia is with you, stay with her and be loyal to her.

I know.

But if I don't help Evelina's family, my reputation will go down and my business will be faulted as well.

Selfish some may say, I know.

I sighed and said sternly, " this stays between us, okay?" A slow grin spread across Evelina's face, " only us." She quickly pecked me on the cheek before walking past me, her expensive perfume blew into my face. I cleared my throat and stood up straight, looking around to make sure no body saw what had happened.
             - - -
I forced myself to smile as I walked up to Thalia and my mom in a mid conversation. Thalia was smiling so hard, my mom had glossy eyes and looked like she couldn't breathe due to laughing so hard. I pulled a chair out from beside Thalia and sat down. My mom sighed and wiped a tear that threatened to trickle down her cheek. " What'd I miss?" I asked. Thalia smiled and looked at me, " oh, nothing," my mom said. I raised my eyebrow at Thalia, " your mom was telling me about your childhood." I scoffed and leaned back in my chair, " what part, the trauma or the part where I was actually happy?" My mom shook her head and me, " what's your definition of trauma?" " Dad forcing me to kill innocent people as a kid," I said. My mom looked at me, " does that count as trauma?" I asked. My mom sighed, " Thalia, what did your father do when you were a kid?" I smiled, " uh, I trained with my brothers at a young age." My mom nodded, " see, your not special Tony." I held back a smile, Thalia grinned. I turned my head, my smile immediately disappeared off my face as I saw Evelina a few tables away from us. I cleared my throat and sat up straighter. Thalia looked at me, " you okay?" " Yeah," I sighed. Thalia nodded, " who'd you talk to back there?" I looked at her, " I saw you talking to someone," Thalia said. My jaw slightly clenched, " just some guy who had trouble with emailing me." Thalia nodded, she smiled and looked back at my mom as they talked about, something.

I stared at Thalia, I hated how easily she believed me.

I knew know, this was going to hurt.

Again, so so so sorry about how short this chapter is. I kinda feel like all of Antonio's POV's will be short, so don't be surprised if Antonio's chapters are really short ;)