Chapter 66

GUYS, ONLY A FEW MORE CHAPTERS LEFT, AHHHHH. I don't know why I'm excited, this book has taken me WEEKS to write. Every chapter I keep on getting new ideas, lmao. I know I didn't put out a picture of what Evelina looks like, but just imagine her as a beautiful, tall, skinny, Italian women with black hair and blue eyes :)
                                  •••
Well anyway, I hope you're enjoying the book. Please, comment, like, and vote!!💕

Almost everyone In the Brambilla family, or at least the closest people, sat around the huge dinning table in Mr. and Mrs. Brambilla's guest house. " The last place Antonio was, was at the work event last night," Mrs. Brambilla said as she whipped the tears from her eyes. I have her a small side hug, she smiled kindly at me. " Well almost every mafia family in Italy hates us, so we're kinda at lost of hope," a man said. " That doesn't mean we're going to give up," I said. " Who was the last person Antonio was with or talked to?" Everyone mumbled, no one answered. " Besides you, no one," Mrs. Brambilla said. I sighed, " did anyone see Antonio talking to anyone besides me last night?" A girl in a white turtle neck shirt and black jeans spoke up, " he was with this woman last night during dinner."

Evelina

" Okay, uh, did she seem suspicious around Antonio?" I asked. " No, I don't think so." " What about her father, did anyone see him last night?" " Mr. and Mrs. Gonzales never attends to events like the one last night," Mrs. Brambilla informed me. " They send their daughter instead, but she rarely comes too." I nodded, so Evelina rarely came to to work events. What was so important that made her come to this one?

" Does Antonio's phone have a tracker on it?" I asked. " Uh, yeah his location," Mrs. Brambilla said.

Okay, so then why aren't we tracking him!

" But, Antonio keeps his location off," Mrs. Brambilla said. " Says he doesn't need people always knowing where he is." I scoffed, " what a great time to turn your location off." Mrs. Brambilla chuckled softly, " yeah." I sighed and folded my arms, " does anyone have Evelina's number?" Half of the men in the room raised their hands.

Why am I not surprised.

" Okay then, let's get one person calling Evelina. If she does have Antonio, which she won't say she does," I said. I paused, I immediately thought up of another plan. " Can anyone hack into Evelina's phone if someone calls her?" Again, several hands flew up. " Great, let's have someone call Evelina while someone else hacks onto her phone," I said. The room immediately took actions and began doing as I instructed. I smiled, Mrs. Brambilla turned and pulled me into a tight hug. " Thank so much for helping us find my son." I hugged Mrs. Brambilla back, " I'm just trying to help, we don't even know if Evelina has Antonio." Mrs. Brambilla stepped back and nodded, " every idea is worth a try, thank you." I nodded, " you're welcome."

                                          - - -
" So, are you a detective now?" Grace asked eating a pint of chocolate ice cream. I smiled, " maybe, we're trying to see who the last person Antonio talked to was." " And?" Grace asked sitting up on the bed. " Evelina was the last person who talked to him, or was seen with him." " She seems like the type of woman to play the innocent role and then it actually turns out that she's a crazy kidnapper who kills for fun," Grace said. I raised my eyebrows, " you haven't even met her and you're already calling her a kidnapper?" Grace scoffed, " give me three good reasons to why you don't think she kidnapped Antonio?" I stared at Grace, " yes she's manipulative, but she's not a kidnapper." Grace sighed, " whatever you say." I smiled, " you going to eat all the ice cream or what?" Grace looked down at the pint of ice cream, " you want some?" I scooted up next to Grace and took the spoon from her hand. " How's Mrs. Brambilla?" Grace asked. " Uh, she's a mess," I sighed. I took a bite of Grace's ice cream, the coldness soothed my anxious body. " You're going to find him," Grace assured me. I looked at her, " how do you know?" Grace smiled, " even though I've never met the guy and have only heard the bad parts about Antonio, I know you two need each other." I smiled and rested my head on Grace's shoulder, " thank you." Grace nodded, " no problem."

                          Later that night...

Grace wore one of my silk lace dresses and I wore a black tank top and short loose grey shorts. It was nearing 11pm, grace was watching some show on the tv and I was reading a book at my desk. " Have you gone to any parties?" Grace asked. " No," I simply said. " You're telling me that you've been in Venice for a while and you haven't gone to any parties?" Grace asked me. I turned and looked at her, " I don't have time." Grace scoffed, " you're part of the Brambilla family, what important things do you have to do?" " It's complicated," I said turning back around and opening my book back up. " What's complicated about living with the rich and powerful?" Grace asked me. " More than you think," I said. " More than I think, whatever," Grace muttered to herself. I smiled and continued reading my book. The sound of the tv playing, and the AC humming through the vents were the only things playing in the hotel room. For once in a while, sitting in a hotel room, I was relaxed and at ease.

                                           - - -
An ear ringing sound suddenly awoke Grace and I. It was 3 am, the moon hung high in the sky. " What the hell," Grace groaned, picking up the pillow from underneath her and slamming it down in her face. I grabbed my phone and brought it up to my ear. " Hello?" I said rubbing my face. The line was silent before the very three words caused my heart to stop.

" We found him."

I sprung right up, " what?" " Evelina drugged Antonio after the work event last night and kidnapped him," the person on the other line of the phone said. " We know exactly where he is, all we need is you." Grace groaned, " you're talking too loud." I jumped out of bed and immediately began getting dressed. " Okay, okay, uh where should I go?" I asked forcing on my black heeled boots. " Meet us at the lobby," the person on the phone said. " Okay, I'll uh, I'll be down in five minutes." Ending the call, I slid my phone into my back pocket and grabbed my green bomber jacket. " What's going on?" Grace said sitting up. " They found him, they found Antonio," I said. Before Grace could ask any futher questions, I was out the door and running as fast as I could down to the lobby.