Chapter 60

HOW DO YOU GUYS FEEL ABOUT THE LAST CHAPTER?! Was it good, yes or no? Oh my gosh, this chapter took a WHILE to write up, but I'm happy with the end results. Gosh, this book is nearing the end. I still have a few more chapters to go, I don't want this book to be too long ;) 
                                    •••
Ahhhhhh, that was a lot. Did you guys enjoy that? I don't know about ya'll, but my heart kinda ached writing this part from Thalia's perspective. My worst fear in any relationship is when a guy lies or cheats on me. Anywayyy...please comment, like, and vote!!💕
                                       •••
The song above is only for the part in this chapter when Thalia Is packing up her things and getting ready to fly back down to Milan, to her home.

Sunlight seeped through the curtains, a soft breeze fluttered into my hotel room. I groaned softly as my eyes fluttered open. I stared out the window, Venice was beautiful in the mornings. I sighed and rubbed my face, I don't even remember how I got into my new hotel room or who even brought me up here. I had cried the whole ride to my new hotel, and even after I got a new room and everything. My stuff was still at the other hotel, but I'd just send a guard to bring it all over. My brain mentally couldn't process everything that happened last night. It was kinda in self denial slash self defense mode at the moment.

My eyes burnt and stung, they were red and extremely puffy. My head slightly ached, my body was completely blunt. My arms didn't feel like arms as I lay in bed. My eyes felt heavy, like there were each a hundred pound weights. My chest caved in, pushing down on my heart. The smell of the bakeries filled my body, my stomach grumbled. 

I checked my phone, it was almost 9:30 am. My mind just wanted to stay in bed all day, staring out into the beautiful Venice city. But sooner or later, I knew he would come looking for me. I knew that he would beg me to listen and to say a bunch of things to bring me back.

But I wasn't coming back, not anytime soon.

Finally fighting my own mind about staying In bed for the rest of my life, I got out from under the cloud like sheets and walked into the bathroom. My makeup was a complete disaster, my hair looked like a rats nest, and I was in desperate need of a shower. My arms pulled me down towards the ground, my feet were melting into the tile. I looked at myself in the mirror and could only see the naive girl who fell in love with a dishonest, disloyal, man who betrayed me and my trust towards him.

Turning on the shower, I undressed and stepped into the mind soothing machine.

                                           - - - 
I stood at my bed, packing up all my things that was brought to me from the other hotel. Zipping up my many suitcases and packing up my bag, I took a final look around the amazing room I had slept in before making a call down to the lobby. A knock at the door awoke me from out of my daze.

Opening the door, I smiled when bellhop boy's stood in front of me. " Hello," I said opening the door for the bellhop boys to come in. " Good morning," one said to me. I stood back and watched as all my suitcases and bags were stacked up and taken outside. " You ready?" a bellhop boy asked. I nodded, "yeah." As they carried my stuff down the hall, I took in one last gaze around the room.

It's for the best.

Walking into the lobby from the elevator, I got many strange looks. I walked up to the check in desk, " hey, uh, I'm checking out this morning, from my room." The lady smiled and nodded, " did you get all your things?" " Yes, thank you," I said kindly. The lady nodded, " you key?" I handed my card to the lady and looked around. " I thought you and Mr. Brambilla we're staying at the same hotel," the lady said. Anger flustered around in my head, but sadness immediately took over. " Uh, yeah, uh, do you know where the closet airport is?" asked, changing the conversation. " Yes, the Brambilla's airport is about three miles away." My smile slipped of my face.

Of course it fucking was.

" Thank you so much for your service," I said as my eyes filled with tears. " No problem, have a good day," the lady said. I forced myself to smile, I turned and walked outside to a black car waiting for me. I walked up to the car as my suitcases and bags were put into the trun.

" Uh Ms. Galonos," one of Antonio's guards said. " Where are you going, where's Antonio?"
" Can you take me to the airport?" I asked, avoiding the question. " I don't know Ms. Galonos, Antonio wouldn't like this. " I don't care what Antonio likes," I said sternly. I paused and sighed, " please just take me to the airport." The guard was hesitant, he stared at me. " Please," I softly begged. " Alright," the guard said. I put on my seatbelt and leaned back against the seat. As we drove away from the hotel and into the city, I couldn't help but get lost in my thoughts. Without realization, I found myself covering my mouth and crying to the point where I couldn't breathe.

About twenty minutes later, I found myself boarding onto one of the Brambilla's private planes. The weather was cool, slightly chilly, but I didn't mind. I sat down in a seat in the middle of the plane and crossed my leg over the other. I rested my arm on the arm rest and stared out into the window. 

A man walked down the with a phone in his hand. " Ma'am, this is for you." I turned my head and looked at him before looking at the phone. " Who is it?" " him," the man said. I clenched my jaw, " I'm not talking to him." " He said it's urgent," the man said. " I'm not taking that god damn phone," I said softly but sternly. The man slightly flinched at my anger. " Sorry ma'am," the man said. He turned and walked down the plan, I averted my attention back to the window and stared outside as my red puffy eyes refilled with warm tears.

" Ms. Galonos, we are now leaving Venice Italy. Please get seated and enjoy the ride," the intercom announced. I closed my eyes and inhaled slowly as the plan starting driving down the takeoff strip.

                                            - - -
About three hours later, I found myself staring down in the sky at the same airport Antonio and I drove to that morning we decided to go to Venice. I whipped my wet face as my eyes burnt more than before. The plan landed, I cleared my throat and unbuckled. " Ms. Galonos, we have arrived in Milan Italy. Your bags will be waiting for you outside in a black SUV. I took off my seatbelt and stood up, I walked down the aisle and to the planes door. " Have a good day," the pilot said as he saw me at the door. I looked at him, " thank you." He nodded before averting his attention back to his seat.

Sitting down in the car, I pulled out my phone and saw that I had over a hundred missed calls  and over fifty unread messages from Antonio. I inhaled and slowly exhaled as I turned off my phone and set it on my lap. " You ready Ms. Galonos?" My driver asked. " Yeah," I said softly. The car engine roared to life, I soon found myself driving back towards my home. My home. The only the place where I felt safe.