Chapter 53

I buttoned up my blue high waisted jeans, and shrugged on a black bomber jacket over my white slightly cropped knitted vest. Antonio slipped on his black suit jacket and walked up behind me as I finished my makeup in the bathroom. " The guy we're going to see today isn't as calm and patient as I am," Antonio informed me. I looked at him, " he's not a fan of women, so don't piss him off," Antonio added. I smiled, " many people describe you as the mean, demanding type, and yet here you are with me, not killing me yet." Antonio grinned, " you're different, I can be patient around you." I shook my head, " you shouldn't." Antonio frowned, " why?" " Because," I sighed, putting my stuff back into my bag. " People may think that you're weak." Antonio pulled me back against his chest, " how you see me verses others will always be completely different." I looked at Antonio, " I care about your more than anyone else in my life." I stared into Antonio's green eyes, he was telling nothing but the truth.

" Okay, god, you don't have to get all sentimental," I said. Antonio chuckled, " are you ready yet or are you still drowning your face with makeup?" I shot Antonio a death glare, which only increased the smile on his face. " You don't need this shit," Antonio said rummaging through my makeup bag. " Your absolutely gorgeous without it." I rolled my eyes and sighed, walking out of the bathroom. " What?" Antonio called after me. I heard him chuckle from the bathroom before he walked into our bedroom. " Why do you wear that stuff?" Antonio asked me. " Because I need it," I answered. Antonio shook his head, " why cover up what's already beautiful?" I sighed and looked at him, " you don't have thousands of people judging you everyday. I walked past Antonio, his eyes followed me as I grabbed my shoes from my closet. " I understand my family doesn't really," Antonio said mid sentence before I cut him off. " You're perfect, okay?" I said. Antonio sighed and looked at me, " everyone worships the ground you walk on, but for me, I have to earn everything," I said. Walking up to me, Antonio pulled me into a reassuring hug. " You're perfect in every way to me, don't listen to what my family and others say, okay?" I rolled my eyes, I knew Antonio knew I rolled my eyes because he softly pinched my side. I jumped to the side and chuckled, Antonio kissed my forehead. " My family will come to appreciate you sooner or later," Antonio said as I stepped back from him. " You're going to be my wife soon enough, they're going to have to get used to you being around us and me," Antonio added. I sighed and folded my arms, " ready?" Antonio asked. " Yeah," I said calmly.

We were met downstairs at the lobby by ten of Antonio's guards. " Your cars outside and ready for you boss," a guard said walking alongside Antonio. Antonio nodded, he then looked at me and entwined our hands together. " Uh, what's she doing here?" A guard asked as we walked outside to the car. " She's coming with us," Antonio said not looking at the guard. The guard looked at me before looking back at the black SUV awaiting us. " It's not safe," the guard said. "Antonio stopped, I felt the muscles in his hand tense up. " She's coming with us, do I make myself clear?" Antonio asked sternly but calmly at the same time. The guard cleared his throat and nodded, " yes sir." I looked at Antonio who opened the door for me. Antonio looked at me, " It's fine, you're coming with us. Sooner or later you're going to be working alongside me with my business, it's better off of you start now." I eyed the guard who was standing behind Antonio, it was obvious that he didn't want me here.
            - - -
I stared out the window as we drove down a dirt road, surrounded by immense trees. Thinking that we were lost, or accidentally took the wrong turn, the dirt road immediately turned into asphalt concrete. Within a blink of an eye, I was amazed to see a monstrosity of a house. My eyes wondered up as the house looked like a castle. Bushes held colorful flowers, trees swayed in the breeze. The car turned and parked in front of the house. Our doors were opened for us, Antonio walked over to my side and immediately took my hand in his.

" Stay by my side, okay?" Antonio asked. " Okay, what's the difference between this guy and your family?" I asked looking up at the house like castle. Antonio sighed, " he hates women, thinks they're useless. He kills for fun, mostly people who aren't in the mafia or do him wrong." I nodded and looked at Antonio, " he takes his job and business very seriously." I bit my lip, automatically remembering the dark and bloody things my father did to innocent people and people in other mafia gangs.