Chapter 23

A week went by ever since I met Antonio Brambilla. My parents came to a hard but subtle decision to allow me to move in with Antonio when I felt like it was right. Emiliano tried to talk to me, but I shut him down. Eventually, knowing that I couldn't ignore him forever, I finally talked to him. Yes, I'm pissed off that the only person in my family that I trusted with my life lied to me. I'm in the mafia, I can't be mad at a rule that has been around for thousands of years.

Tonight was the night where all of the Brambilla's and Galonos would unite and meet each other. I'd have to answered tons of questions, talk to people I never knew, and talk about myself and my family. One of the few things I hate doing.

My anger towards all this demolished, I sat tall and still as Myla and her group transformed me into a girl ready to go to a dinner ball. I knew that there would be thousands of people, and I knew I'd have to talk to every single one of them. The attire for tonight was black, finely something I felt comfortable in. The dress was a long black v back dress, with a silver strap around the waist. A high slip cut up the front of the dress, exposing my leg all the way up to my thigh. The fabric was soft, I felt somewhat comfortable in it even though my body was exposed. Myla had redone my nails to black and a coffin shape, still long as usual. The dress was tight around my waist and chest, accenting every hidden curve I hid behind jackets and shirts.

I stared into the mirror, my makeup was themed black

I stared into the mirror, my makeup was themed black. I wore fake eyelashes, black winged eyeliner, a sparkly black shadow along with a smokey eye. My lipstick was a nude color, with a hint of pink. My hair was curled, but not too much. Myla put in this hair spray thing that made my hair darker, she said it would come out in the shower. My hair was a natural dirty blonde, but with the spray, it added a darker shade to it.

I forced myself into a black strapped heels. Myla and her crew stood back, Myla clapped her hands togetherness smiled. " Absolutely beautiful!" One women said. I looked at Myla, " whoever the man is you're marrying, he's lucky to be marrying a stunning girl such as yourself," Myla said. My heart skipped a beat, was Myla for once being nice to me? I smiled, " It's not as fun as it looks." Myla chuckled and shook her head, " you look great." I sighed as Myla's crew added off the last finishing touches before grabbing my long black trench coat.
                                - - -
I sat aloneness in the car my dad ordered me to take to the dinner. My whole family had apparently left an hour early, I don't know why my father thought it would be safe for me to be alone In Milan on a busy night while other dangerous mafia gangs were out. Let's just say caring wasn't on my fathers top list.

The car came to a sharp hault, the moon hung high in the sky. Thousands of people dotted the sidewalk, and the walkway into the building. I stared out the window, I leaned back once when my door opened. " Ms. Galonos," my driver said. I looked at him and quickly got out before the cold air grasped to my warm skin. The smell of restaurants, bakeries, and the roaring Milan city filled my body. I inhaled deeply as I was immediately surrounded by ten guards. " Your father was ordered us to walk you inside," one guard said to me. I looked at him, I knew he was the leader of the group because he was the only guard with a red handkerchief in his suit pocket, everyone else wore white ones. " Where's my family?" I asked. " Everyone else, including Mr. Brambilla and his family is inside," the guard answered. I looked around, there was no way all these people were either related to my family or Antonio's. If so, I knew my voice would be gone after talking to fifty people, and I knew there were way more than fifty people.