Chapter 17

You know the girl Thalia met the night her family arrived in Milan at the dinner party, Sofia? Well, if you don't remember, go back and read a few chapters. Anyway, starting now, she is a going to be a very important person in the next few chapters 😉.

It was about 10:15 am. My mom hade came in earlier to talk, but not about tonight. She asked about my time yesterday with my brothers and shopping. I showed her what I bought, but kept the lace dresses hidden away. My mom's face was happier and brighter than the last time I saw her in a dark hotel room, sitting beside my father. Her fingernails were short and painted red, I knew she'd began biting them and hid the redness by painting her nails. My father, as usual, was no where to be seen. This whole family trip to Milan began to not feel so much, family. I'd been with my brothers the entire time, I barely talked to my mom, and my dad refused to be seen. My mom smelled of alcohol and cigarette smoke, I knew she'd been with my father. My stomach ached, I hadn't eaten due to the fact that something big was happening to night. I was beyond terrible, being in the mafia always made me sick. There had been hours were I'd just sit on my bed and watch tv endlessly, the morning air blew into my room. The smell of bakeries baking bread, cookies, and other delicious snacks made my stomach grumble and my mouth water. I felt like if I did eat, I'd throw up due to how nervous I was.
                                - - -
It was about 12:34 pm, I'd spent the last few hours in my hotel room, with an empty stomach. Right as I was about to give up and call the cafe to bring me up some lunch, my hotel room door flew upon and about five women walked in. Startled, I jumped off my bed and watched as the women walked about my room. " Uh, I think you have the wrong room," I said frightened as the women worked about my room. " I didn't call for anyone," I said, annoyed by how my presence was being ignored. A tall women, very slender, with long black hair, and blue eyes approached me. " What the hell is going on?" I asked, watching as my room was taken over by women I didn't even know.  " Are you Thalia Damitra Galonos?" The women asked. " Whose asking?" I asked, still completely aroused by the fact that Milan women were in my room. " Mr. and Mrs. Galonos sent us down here," the Milan women informed. My eyes widened, but then I frowned, " why did they send you, and your friends, down here?" The tall Milan women smiled, " we are your maids." " My maids?" I asked. The Milan women nodded, " we have to get you ready for the arrangement tonight." My heart skipped a beat, my fathers whole purpose about coming to Milan was happening tonight? " What arrangement?" I asked. " We can't say," the Milan women said. " But we have to get you ready." I scoffed, " I'm not leaving my hotel room with a bunch of women I don't even know. You can tell my parents that I'm waiting for them to actually make sense and start talking to me." The Milan women just smiled, what the fuck was so funny? " We have been instructed to take you out and get you ready for tonight's arrangement," the Milan women said. I stared at her, was she dead or something? I eyed as the other tall Milan women worked in my room. They went through my closet, my suitcases, my bathroom, and about every cabinet and drawer. " We're on a tight schedule," the Milan women said. I looked back at her, " what's your name?" " My name is Myla," the Milan women answered. " And the others?" I asked. " That's not important," Myla said. " What's important is that you come with us now so we can get you looking better." I scoffed and raised my eyebrows, get me looking better?
                              - - -
I am walking around the shopping malls of Milan Italy with five gorgeous Milan women. People stared at us, more like staring at me. The Milan women basically glided as we walk down the sidewalk and across the streets. Here I am, trying to keep us as people look at me and wonder why I'm surrounded by goddesses.

We walk into a store, just by the outside of it, it looked crazy expensive. I had brought my card my father had given me, I didn't even know if I was going to use it. By the way Myla described things, it sounded as if everything that I was going to be getting for tonight was already paid for. We walked up to the dress section, everything was beautiful and looked high-priced. " What colors do you like?" Myla asked turning around to face me. " Uh, black, white, blue, brown," I began to list off. " That's not going to work out," Myla cut in. I stared at her before closing  my mouth, I watched as the other women began to collect dresses. " You need colors that will accent your skin," Myla said. I raised my eyebrows, " the colors I just said work perfectly fine." Myla shook her head, " your skin and those colors don't match." What the fuck was this walking stick talking about?! I turned around and walked into the dress aisle, ignoring Myla's voice telling me to come back.