Chapter 9

Grace and I walked downstairs, all four boys were in the kitchen. Carlo looked up from his protein drink and choked as soon as he saw us. " Where are you guys going?" Emiliano asked alerted. " Out," I responded. Adriano looked Grace up and down before looking at Nicolo who was trying to hide his smile. " Did you tell mom and dad?" Emiliano asked. " Yes," I said sarcastically. Emiliano sighed and folded his arms, " this is a really bad idea." Grace looked at me, " it's almost 8:30." Adriano stood up from his seat and walked up to us, " where are you guys going?" " Uh," Grace said looking at me. " Out," I said. " We'll be back soon." Adriano stared at Grace's dress, I looked at him and cleared my throat. Adriano looked at me, " what?" He asked smiling. Grace bit her lip, trying not to smile as her best friends hot older brother was checking her out.

A knock at the door cut the conversation. " We're going now," I said as Grace and I walked to the door. All four of my brothers stopped what they were doing and followed us, I rolled my eyes as their loud and heavy footsteps trailed behind us.

Opening the door, Alessandro looked at us. I eyed my brothers, who had had their arms folded and a stern look on their face. " You guys look," Alessandro was about to say. Emiliano cleared his throat and clenched his jaw. Alessandro looked at him, then back at Grace and I. " These are your brothers?" " Sadly," I said. All of my brothers looked at me, I hide my smile. " Ready?" Alessandro asked. " Let's go," Grace said happily. She grabbed my arm as we followed Alessandro down to his expensive car. Carlo sighed, " were so lucky dad's not here." Emiliano stood up straight and watched as Grace and I got into the car. " Dad will find out eventually, he's got eyes everywhere."
                                 - - -
Arriving at the bar, everything was booming with music and lights. You could hear everything within a five mile radius. Grace looked out the window, lights glowed up her face. " This is a really bad idea," I said, hating my dress and being with Alessandro and his friends. Grace turned to me, " be positive, it'll be fun!" The car door opened, Grace grabbed my hand as we got out. I looked around, where were we? Alessandro got out from the car, his friends stood beside him. " Everyone else is inside," Alessandro informed us. Grace nodded, I sighed and looked at her. " Have fun," she whispered to me.

Walking up towards the bar, everyone was looking at us, well mainly Grace and I. As soon as we walked into the bar, I went deaf. If I thought the music outside was aloud, then I was poorly mistaken. We followed Alessandro and his friends to a table surrounded by a lot more people. Suddenly, the sudden earth of walking out the bar and running home sounded pleasant. " We're here!" Alessandro yelled. The group turned around and began yelling and clapping their hands. What the fuck was going on? Were we in a cult or something?

Grace and I sat down next to a girl in a lacy black bralette. She wore a high waisted shorts that barely covered her ass. Her makeup was done, I'm guessing the look was I-want-to-hook-up-with-a-guy-tonight kinda look. Guys stared at Grace and I, I leaned back in my chair and folded my arms. " Guys, this is Grace and Thalia," Alessandro introduced us to everyone. Everyone said hi, some even compliment Grace's and I's attire.

" Drinks?" Alessandro asked. Everyone cheered, I gave Grace a look and she just shrugged her shoulders. Within seconds, everyone had at least three shot glasses filled with vodka. My nerves cramped up, Grace looked nervous too. " One three!" A guy yelled out. " One.. two.. THREE!!" Everyone picked up one shot glass and splashed it into their mouths. I looked at Grace who gaged but smiled after. My shot glass was full, the smell of alcohol and tobacco filled my system. Alessandro looked at me and smiled, " you got this." I looked at him, I've never wanted to punch him in the face so bad until now. " GO,GO,GO,GO!" The table chanted. What the fuck?! I looked at Grace, who was also apart if the chant. " Do it," she mouthed. I sighed and looked back down at my shot glass and thought to myself, " just do it, soon enough this will all be over and you'll be back home."

I picked up the shot glass, closed my eyes, and splashed it into my mouth. My throat burned and my stomach twisted and turned. I almost gagged, but I kept in control. Everyone cheered as I opened my eyes and set the now empty shot glass back down in front of me. Grace smiled and side hugged me, " now onto the next one!" A guy yelled out. Grace cheered with the group, I watched as they all splashed their second shot glass into the mouth. " YEAHHH!!" A guy yelled out. My ears began to ring, I felt lightheaded and sick. Yes, I get drunk easily, and yes I'm a light drinker, don't blame me. " I'm going to go to the bathroom," I said to Grace. She looked at me, " you okay?" Her alcohol breathe burned my nose hairs. " Yeah, I'll be back soon," I said. I stood up and turned around, my legs felt fuzzy. I walked over to the bar and sat up, I rubbed my forehead. " What can I get for you?" A guy asked. I looked at him, he looked really young. " A water please," I said. The guy smiled, " first time?" " Are you surprised?" I asked folding my arms and setting them down in front of me. " I wouldn't have even guessed," the guy said. I smiled, or was it the drunk me smiling. " One water?" He asked. " Make it two," I said. He nodded before turning around and making my order.

I looked around the bar, everything was so loud, bright, and crowded. I missed my bed and my school work. The guy came back with two ice cold waters, " here ya go." I sighed, " thank you." He nodded before turning and helping a new person. I chugged the water quickly, the coldness numbed my stinging throat.

A strong whiff of cologne blew into my face. I turned my head and looked at a man dressed in all black. He looked young, maybe in his mid twenties. I looked back down at my drink, my head hurt. " First time?" He asked. Why was everyone asking me that? YES! " Yeah," I replied. The guy chuckled, " how old are you?"
Young enough to be your daughter. " Eighteen," I answered. I drank the rest of my water and sat up straight. " You here alone?" The guy asked. " No," I said. My conscience awoke and told me to leave the bar. Ignoring it, I stared at the drinks the bartender was making. " You wanna get out of here?" The guy asked. I couldn't help but smile, was this guy serious. I looked at him, " how old are you?" " Thirty four," the guy answered almost immediately. I scoffed, " where's your family?" " At home," the guy said. " So, your wife and kids, they don't care about you being here?" I asked. " They don't even know I'm here," The guy informed me. " All they know is that they think I'm at some business meeting." I stared at him, we're all men like this? " What's your last name?" The guy asked. " Galonos," I answered. The guy looked at me, he looked... intimidated. " Galonos?" He asked. " Yeah," I said. " Is, is your father here?" He asked shakily. " I wouldn't even be here if my dad was here," I informed him. The guy swallowed, " I gotta go." I watched as he stood up and quickly walked away.

I stared at his seat, he had left fifty dollars. I looked around before looking back at the wad of cash. " Snooze you loose," I thought. I took it and ordered waters and a few lemonades.
                             - - -
I walked back up to the table, Grace looked at me. " It's been thirty minutes, where the hell did you go?" " I got some water," I said, feeling a bit more like myself. Grace scoffed and raised her eyebrows, " water? You're at a bar, to get drunk." I rolled my eyes, " just be happy I'm even here." Grace sighed and turned back and talked to some guys who looked like they could be a Junior in college. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my messages. Nothing.