Chapter 31

Okay, right now the book seems pretty boring, I know. I'm trying to tie everything in and get the book started, for the second time.  Stay and bear with me, things are going to get better!

Everything was black, I could hear distant mumbling around me. " She has to learn," a cold and dark voice said. It sounded like my father, why did he sound mad? " She's ten," another voice said. The voice was calm but manly, Emiliano. " Bring her in," My father demanded. Emiliano sighed and opened the door, Carlos and Nicolo walked me into a room. Adriano leaned against the wall with his arms folded, he almost looked scared. " Thalia come here," my father said. Seeing the anger in his eyes, I obeyed quickly. I looked over at a chair, something sat in it. " Thalia stand here," my dad instructed. I took two steps over and stood right on a red X. " Mom's not going to like this," Carlo whispered to Emiliano. Emiliano sighed and folded his arms, " we can't leave dad, we both know that." My dad walked over to the chair and took off the brown bag that was covering something. Seconds later I realized it was a person, a man.

" Please, I don't know what else you want," the man begged. His lip was busted and bleeding he had a swollen black eye, he looked beaten up and was on the verge of dying. " Dad?" I asked starting to feel scared. My father looked down at me, " who is he?" I asked. " Emiliano," my father said, ignoring my scared question. " Get the gun," my father ordered. Emiliano nodded and turned, I watched him take a loaded gun from Carlo. " PLEASE!" The man yelled out in fear. " I have a wife and three daughters, spare my life!" My eyes began to water, " daddy what's going on?" My father once again, ignored me. He raised the gun and pointed it at the terrified man's forehead. " Thalia, don't take your eyes of that man," my father ordered. " Dad this isn't a good," Nicolo was about to say. " You wanna take his place?" My dad roughly spat out. Nicolo looked at me then my dad. " Daddy?" I whined. " Thalia shut it," my dad said sternly. My eyes began to fill up with tears, I wanted my mom. " Stop crying and look at the man," my dad ordered. I sniffed and looked back at the man sitting in the chair.

A loud ear piercing sound echoed off the walls. I stared in absolute horror as blood dripped down from the man's head who sat slumped over in the chair. My father stared at the man before clearing his throat and handing the gun back to Emiliano. " Emiliano call the guards," my dad said. I couldn't bring myself to look away from the dead man. The blood dripped down his face and dotted the man's lap and the floor underneath him. There was so much blood coming out of the bullet hole, my bottom lip began to quiver. " Bring in the next prisoner," my father instructed. Nicolo looked a Emiliano, before turning and leaving the room. " We're doing it again Thalia," my father informed. Within minutes, another guy pleading for his life was placed in the same bloody chair as the last man. Again, my father held up the gun and shot it right between the man's eyes. More blood came out, I thought I was going to puke. Even my brothers had to look away, not because of the blood but because of seeing me seeing what they had to look at. I blinked and everything was black.

My body lunged forward out of bed, I gasped for air as tears drenched my face. My whole body was shaking, I couldn't breathe. I stumbled out of my bed and ran into the bathroom. I splashed cold water onto my face and slid down the wall, onto the ground. Bringing my knees up to my chest, I cried until my eyes stung and a dull headache formed in my head.
                                     - - -
I stared dazed out the kitchen window was everyone around me made themselves breakfast. My mind wouldn't unwrap from the childhood nightmare I had last night. I hugged myself and tried to keep my breathing at a normal pace. Antonio walked into the kitchen, he saw my blank face and red puffy eyes. He immediately walked towards me, " Thalia." I looked at him, " are you okay?" Antonio asked. I didn't care how close Antonio was, I liked being this close to him. " I'm fine," I said calmly. Antonio scoffed, " your face would say otherwise." I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, " I had a nightmare, nothing important." Antonio knew exactly what happened, somehow, because he instantly pulled me into a tight, reassuring hug. My eyes instantly filled up with tears, but I pushed them back. " Why didn't you get me?" Antonio asked. " Because it was late and I didn't want to wake you up," I explained. " I don't care how late it is, you're important to me and I care about your safety," Antonio said. I closed my eyes, Antonio tightened his arms around my waist. " I'm fine, really," I said as Antonio stepped back. " It's just a nightmare, it'll go away soon." Antonio held back a smile, " it's called trauma, those take years to go away."  I sighed, " don't ever hesitate to come to my room," Antonio said. " I will always be up for you." I looked at Antonio, " okay?" He asked. I nodded, " yeah."

Mrs. Brambilla walked into the kitchen and began talking with Antonio. I couldn't help but think, did Antonio just forget about that night. He seemed so laid back, so calm and relaxed. Part of me thought way back to what Mia had said about Antonio sleeping with multiple girls and having sex with them. Maybe I was just another girl he seduced, another girl he touched. I shook the negative thought out of from my mind. Antonio was here, with me, and that's all that mattered.

" Antonio and Thalia, would you two like some food?" Mrs. Brambilla asked as she scooped two French toasts onto a glass plate. " I actually have something for Thalia," Antonio said. I frowned and looked at him, " what?" Antonio grinned, " just follow me." Mrs. Brambilla looked at and and winked, Antonio grabbed my hand and led me out of the kitchen.

We got to quiet area, Antonio let go of my hand and turned around. " I'm going to be gone for a few month for work, I'm flying to Venice tomorrow morning." I was hesitant for a second before saying, " okay, what does that have to do with me?" Antonio smiled, " I want you to come with me." I scoffed, " you want me to come with you, to Venice, for work?" Antonio nodded, " I'm not with you everyday and I feel the need to keep you by my side." I smiled, " I'm not getting into trouble, if that's what your wondering." Antonio chuckled, " it's been on my list." I sighed and smiled, " yeah, I'll definitely come with you." Antonio grinned, " I've already got your things packed and In the jet." I raised my eyebrows, " what?" " I kinda already knew you'd say yes," Antonio said. " So I picked you a month full of clothes appropriate for Venice." I shook my head and stared at Antonio, " you are unbelievable." Antonio chucked snd stepped forward, " you're too easy to read." I scoffed, " no I'm not." Antonio raised his eyebrows, " wanna bet?" I was about to say something when Antonio cut me off by meeting his lips with mine. Without hesitation, I kissed him back. A small smile formed on Antonio's face. The kiss was short, but I didn't mind. Antonio stepped back, but not too much. " See, I knew you'd kiss back," Antonio said. I softly shoved him back, " shut up." Antonio chuckled and mocked, " too easy to read." I rolled my eyes at him before we made our way back into the kitchen.

Million Dollar MafiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara