Chapter 24

The next few weeks went by quickly. I returned back to my home and unpacked. I finally made a decision to move in with Antonio since we were an official couple. I went back to school for a few more weeks before my parents talked to my principal about our family moving. I told grace everything, about Milan, Milan girls, and my soon to be husband. I told Grace about my family moving, she cried for weeks.

My mom and I went out shopping for a completely new wardrobe since I'd have to be dressing differently. I hadn't seen or talked to Antonio since the night he drove me home after that dinner meeting. Even though I knew absolutely nothing about the guy, he seemed calm and reasonably normal.

I'd be leaving to go back to Milan in a month. Was I nervous, yes. Was I uncomfortable about living with an extremely attractive jaw dropping guy, definitely yes.
- - -
I woke up early for school, my last day. My driver drove me, the ride was absolutely silent. I stared out the window, I knew I was going to miss this place. " So Ms. Galonos," my driver said. I looked at him, " yeah?" " I heard about your huge arrangement," my rider said. I frowned, " It's all over social media," my driver informed. I smiled, " you have Instagram?" My driver cleared his throat, obviously embarrassed. " What's ur account name?" I asked. " That's private information," my driver said as I pulled out my phone. I paused and looked at him, " you account is private information?" My driver nodded, " yes ma'am." I chuckled, " the things you learn in the mafia.

I got out of the car and thanked my driver for the ride, I still don't know his name, was that private information as well? Grace saw me and bolted towards me. I prepared myself and smiled. Grace jumped into my arms as I stumbled backwards. " God I'm going to miss you," Grace said against my neck. I smiled, " I'm not gone yet, plus, there are these things called phone's." Grace stepped back and smiled, " I saw him." I sighed and walked up to the school, Grace walking beside me. " I literally can't believe you're marrying the one and only, Antonio Brambilla," Grace said as we walked down the hallway. " Well, believe it," I said as we turned he corner.

Suddenly, all eyes were on me. Alessandro, the kid I kicked in the nose and groan, and his friend group all turned and looked at me. " They've been looking for you for a few months," Grace whispered to me as Alessandro and his group began walking towards me. I sighed, and stared Alessandro down. " Where've you been Galonos?" Alessandro said, his voice booming down the hall. " I'm sure you've seen everything on the news," I said back. Alessandro scoffed and shook his head, " that dick Brambilla?" I raised my eyebrows, " you mad that a guy actually got a girl without having to try?" Alessandro clenched his jaw, " you better watch how you speak to me Galonos." I grinned, " or what?" Grace looked at me, I stared at Alessandro. Alessandro stepped forward, making me look up at him. "You broke my nose that night," Alessandro said. " You're going to pay for that." Part of my nerves cramped up, I remained still. Alessandro looked behind me before making eye contact with me again. " See you around." I glared at him, I watched as Alessandro and his groups turned and walked past me. The hall was silent, except for a few straggling whispers.

I turned around and groaned, " Ms. Galonos, my office, now," my principal said. Grace held back a smile, "See you later." I rolled my eyes at her before following my principal down to his office.
- - -
" You are very popular on the news," my principal informed me. Surprisingly, I didn't know my principal's name either. " What's up with you and Alessandro?" My principal asked leaning back in his chair. " Nothing," I said. " He's just a dick," I paused when my principal raised an eyebrow. " He's a boy who screws over girls just for pleasure," I corrected myself. My principal nodded, " and do you know why exactly him and his friend ended up in the hospital a few months ago?" I held back a smile, " no." My principal eyed me, " I talked to your parents about everything." My smile faded off my face, " your moving back to Milan to live with Antonio Brambilla?" " I'd rather not talk about it," I said. My principal grinned, " how's your family doing?" I looked at him, " I'm in the mafia." My principal cleared his throat, " aren't we all." My body calmed down, " what do you do for work?" Asking another male leader what they did for the work was considered against the mafia rules, but my principal was a principal at a private school, what other job did he have? " Uh, like you, I'd rather not talk about it," My principal said. I smiled, " okay."
- - -
Grace and I sat at a table, the cafeteria was chaotic. The entire time Grace bombarded me with questions about Antonio Brambilla, Milan, and Alessandro. " Have you two had sex yet?" Grace asked me. I choked on my salad and looked at her, " we're not even officially moved in yet." Grace rolled her eyes, " okay, and?" I raised my eyebrows, " I've told everyone I'm not ready for anything serious." Grace sighed, " It's going to happen eventually, y'all need babies." I smiled, " yeah I know that." Grace took a bite of her sandwich, " I just can't process everything right now," I sighed. Grace swallowed, " you're getting married to a hot, rich mafia guy, what's to process?" I looked at her, " the chances of me pushing aside my school and college is high." Grace scoffed, " honestly screw school if you're going to end up marrying a drop dead gorgeous man." I folded my arms and set them on the table, "
I wish I were you," Grace whined. I smiled at her, but suddenly attention averted to something behind me. " You owe me a thousand dollars," A dark voice said from behind me. Grace looked at me and raised her eyebrows. I sighed, stood up, and turned around. " I don't owe you shit Alessandro," I said calmly. Alessandro's eyes were darker than usual, I knew he had been drinking and smoking. I folded my arms, " you and your dick of a friend need to stay away from me." Alessandro scoffed, his group laughed. Everyone in the cafeteria at this point was watching Alessandro and I.

" Whatever you think I'm going to give you, I'm not," I reminded Alessandro. Instead of fighting back, Alessandro walked up to me. His eyes looked down into mine, the muscles in his jaw tightened. " Back off," I said sternly. Alessandro tilted his head and said calmly, " or what?" I glared into Alessandro's eyes, he seemed somewhat calm by the stare down. " I don't give a shit about who getting married to," Alessandro said. " He's nothing compared to me and my family." I couldn't help but smile, " you're family is small and pointless, just like your dick." With that, Alessandro attempted to swing at me. But I dodged right in time, sending Alessandro flying over my table. Grace shot up and jumped aside right as Alessandro collapsed onto the lunchroom floor. Food covered him, drinks stained his shirt. Kids laughed all around the cafeteria. My hands began to tremble, aware of what Alessandro was capable of. " Fucking bitch!" Alessandro spat out. He stumbled upward and looked at me, saying sternly," I'm going to kill you." Grace held back a smile before immediately running over to me. Grabbing my hand, Grace pulled us and running out of the cafeteria.
                                - - -
" What the fucking hell," Grace said as we walked into the girls bathroom. I set my bag down on the counter and fixed myself up. Grace scoffed and folded her arms, " you're digging a very deep hole for yourself." I kept my focus on myself in the mirror, " what?" Grace raised her eyebrows, " are you asking for a death sentence?" I grinned and looked at her, " why are you afraid of Alessandro?" Grace scoffed, " have you seen the guy?" " Unfortunately," I said. Grace shook her head and leaned back against the wall, " be great full that the guy you're marrying is the richest and most dangerous man in all of Italy." My attention immediately slipped over to Antonio, was he better than Alessandro? I mean, I've never seen him in action or hurt anyone, yet.

School ended, I called my driver and told him to pick me up by the gardens again. I didn't want any attention with Alessandro near the front of the school. I knew he'd be waiting for me, alongside with his group of walking dicks. I pulled out my phone and went onto Instagram, still, Antonio and I were the highlight on the news. My face was everywhere, as well as Antonio's. No body at my school cared about my arrangement because every girl got married to some hot and rich mafia guy. Plus if people did care, they'd be too scared to ask me and talk about it because the Brambilla's were one of the most dangerous mafia families in Italy. Alongside mine, of course.

My driver pulled up and got out of the car, he opened my door and closed it as I got in. " How was your day?" My driver asked as we drove away from my school. " Good I guess," I said. I stared at him, " what is your name anyway." My driver smiled, " Dante." I grinned, " that's my grandfathers name." Dante nodded, " I know." I sighed, " so, what's your love life like?" Dante turned right, " I have a beautiful wife and three stunning daughters." I looked out the window, " do you see them often?" " Less than I'd please," Dante answered. I looked at him, " was it arranged?" Dante was quiet for a few moments before saying, " I was nineteen, my wife and sixteen." I stared at Dante's head, he served for my family and barely got the chance to be with his own. My heart ached for him, he had a arranged marriage and he barely got to see his own wife and kids. " Mr. Brambilla is blessed to have a wife such as mother," Dante said as we pulled up to the house. He got out and walked around to my side, he opened the door. " I'm so sorry," I said. Dante frowned, " why are you apologizing?" I stepped out of the car, Dante closed it. " You are here everyday serving my family, yet you barely get the chance to see yours," I explained. Dante's confused expression turned into a grin, " my family knows I love them, as much as I love yours." How can Dante love his family as much as mine? " When are you leaving to go back to Milan?" Dante asked. " Tuesday," I informed. Dante nodded, " you're going to be a fine wife and mother." I smiled, " have a good day." Dante smiled at me before returning back to the drivers seat. I sighed and watched as he drove off around to the garage. Within a few days, I'd finally be with my soon to be husband who's in one of the most dangerous and wealthiest mafia family's in all of Italy.

Nothing to worry about.