Chapter 22

It was around 8:30 pm. I had ordered dinner and watched a few shows on tv. No one had come to visit me after the event that occurred last night. The last people I wanted to see at the moment were Emiliano and my father, they acted guilty as if they were the ones who got hurt. Emiliano told me that I shouldn't be upset over what happened last night, because It was going to happen soon enough. My mom talked to my dad about it, as usual, my dad yelled at her and told her that he was the man in charge of the families decision. Being alone for a whole day wasn't a problem, I enjoyed the emptiness of my hotel room.

The mood for swimming sounded pleasing at the moment. It was late, so I knew the pool would be empty. I quickly changed out of my day clothes and slipped into a black triangle string swim suit. The suit in all was fine, but the top was a little flashy. But since no one was going to be at the pool, I ignored the voice in my mind telling me to go change. I put on some blacked Jean shorts and a white tank top. Grabbing my blue towel and some slip one, I made my way down to the hotel pool.
- - -
The water soothed down my troubled thoughts as I dove into the pool. It was almost like the water was cleaning off any negative vibes on me, I always loved swimming. Soft music played over the speaker, I was all alone. I could help but smile, after everything that had happened, I was finally happy. Yes, I was arranged to marry some guy I'd never met, I couldn't change anyone's decision let alone my dad's. But, my life was moving on, I had to accept the things that were occurring and planned out by others. I closed my eyes and tilted my head back, the coldness of the water tingled against my warm scalp.

About thirty minutes went by, my fingertips began to shrivel up. It was getting late and my body begged for my bed. I walked out of the pool, surprised that my swimsuit managed to stay on. Right as I looked up at the pool entrance, my soul jumped out of my body. My breathe hitched up, a thick lump clogged my throat. Antonio was leaning against the wall, in his all black suit, straight face, arms folding, watching me.

I quickly grabbed my towel, struggling to cover my revealing self. " How long have you been standing there?" I asked feeling my heart beat pick up. " Long enough," Antonio answered calmly. His green eyes sliced through my body, breathing became a struggle. " What are you doing here?" I asked struggling to keep the towel around my body. " I heard a noise in here," Antonio responded. " Well, it's a pool, there's bound to be noise," I said back. I immediately regretted my response, it sounded as if I called Antonio stupid. " That's, that's not what I meant to say," I corrected myself. Antonio stared at me, I slowly inhaled and exhaled. " Where are your brothers?" Antonio asked. His eyes glued onto mine, I felt like I was being held hostage and there was no way out. " Uh, in their rooms," I answered. Antonio tilted his head, I bit my tongue so hard I could taste blood. Why the fuck was I acting and feeling this way. Antonio was just an average hot guy any girl would drool over, so why the fuck, out of all people, was I going weak at the knees for him?

I quickly changed back into my clothes, Antonio was staring at the ground. I grabbed my stuff and walked up to the door when Antonio stoped me. " You met Sophia." I froze and looked up at Antonio, " what?" Antonio stared at me, searching my eyes, looking for something. " Your arm," Antonio said calmly. I remembered my collision with Sophia last night. " I didn't know," I was about to say. " Forget it," Antonio said calmly. I swallowed before turning and opening the pool door. " What's your room number?" Antonio asked. I froze, my wet hands glued onto the door handle. Antonio waited for my response, unlike my dad, he was patient. " Level seven room 13B," I finally answered. I turned my head and looked at Antonio, god he was perfect. Antonio finely met my gaze, " you shouldn't be wondering this hotel when you're alone." My grasp on the door handle tightened, " why not?" Antonio stared at me, as if I asked a difficult question. I stood up straight when Antonio stepped forward. Keeping his eyes on me, he opened the pool door. Realizing what he was doing, I turned my head and walked out of the pool room. " Sophia told me about everything," I hated myself when I said it. Antonio seemed calm about the information I knew about. " That was then," Antonio said back. He looked at me and said in the most skin numbing way. " I've got you now."
- - -
Sitting in the bathtub, the vanilla bean body wash I had used soothed my mind. I couldn't get what happened at the pool out of my mind. Had Antonio been watching me the whole time? His green eyes were so penetrating, yet so relaxing and calm. I've never had this feeling before with guys. I had the right mind set to push guys away and not struggle with them. But Antonio was literally a different breed of 'guy', I don't know what it was about him but all I knew for sure is I'm getting married to him soon. I inhaled deeply, closed my eyes, and submerged underneath the warm water. Antonio's green eyes burnt into my thoughts. Even though he wasn't around, I still managed to get goosebumps on my body. Goosebumps I didn't want, goosebumps that shouldn't even be on me. I didn't care how attractive Antonio Brambilla was, he knew what he was doing and I wasn't going to let him win.