I

The service was going so great thus far. The choir sang everyone into a praise break and Drew was up there preaching like someone told him he couldn't. I just sat back in admiration at how far he has come in his journey as Bishop.

"I don't know who I'm talking to this morning but someone has been getting beat down and told that they would never amount to anything. Someone has been carrying a heavy load that seems like it won't get any better but let me explain something. When you're in the army of the Lord there is nothing that is too much or too big to handle. Because you don't have to do it alone, you have never had to do it alone. The Lord is always ready and willing to help but you have to let him. You have to allow the Lord to take you outside of your comfort zone sometimes so you can get the help that was meant for you." He said while walking around the pulpit. Various 'Amen bishop' and 'Alright now!' rang out from the congregation.

Soon he was wrapping up his sermon and it was time for invitation. Dorinda and I stood up as well as the other officiating ministers as the doors of the church opened. The choir started to softly sing Nothing To Lose as we all waited for someone to come up.

Not even 30 seconds later the young lady I saw sitting in the back stood up and started making her way down the aisle to the alter. She came up with tears flowing down her face rapidly. But they weren't tears of sadness, they were tears of relief.

Drew walked down and met her at the alter as the choir continued to sing and eventually wrap up the song. The musicians continued to quickly play as Drew spoke to the young lady. She only said a few words before Drew got back on the mic to introduce the young lady.

"Today we have Sister Victoria here to give a testimony amen. She is also here to give her life to Christ!" The congregation shouted and clapped as Drew handed her the microphone.

She cleared her throat and wipes her eyes before bringing the mic up to her mouth.

"Hello. I'm sorry for the shakiness in my voice, I was a little nervous to come up here this morning but it just felt like that sermon was for me. I am 18 years old and have been living on the streets and hotel rooms since I was 16 years old. Life aint always been easy for me and I was always alone, I felt like I never had anywhere or anyone to turn to but I was passing by the church last sunday and could hear the music and the shouting and it made me feel something I have never felt before. I was desperate to make it to this service, I tried to find my best clothes to look presentable because I just wanted to sit and watch but I realized the help that I was looking for was in here all along. The singing, the preaching, everything about this place made me feel whole and gave me hope that everything was gonna be alright and I want to feel like that everyday. So I am here to give my life to Christ so I can receive the help and the blessings that he has in store for me."

By the end of her testimony we were all shouting and praising the Lord for bringing her here. She handed the mic back to Drew as she looked around at everyone once again. She looked over to the pulpit making eye contact with me, I placed my hand over my heart and gave her a smile which she returned tearfully.

"Hallelujah! So you are willing to give your life up to the Lord and be called according to his purpose Sister?" Drew asked one final time while looking at her for an answer. She nodded before saying yes with a bright smile that caused everyone to cheer and clap.

"Praise the Lord. I'm gonna have my sister in love, Dorinda tell you everything you need to know about the church and the process of becoming saved. Dorinda come down here."