XVII

(Big sister Ki to the rescueee)

Kierra

I went in the back with Vicky and helped her up on the bed before sitting next to her.

"Vic what's going on? You look awful." I said as I moved her hair out of her face.

"Wow thanks that makes me feel so much better." She replied but the softness in her voice made it hard to catch her sarcasm.

"Aww you can't even snap back at me. Po babyy." I said with a playful pout to mess with her. She let out a dry laugh as a nurse came in to check her out.

"Alright before I start I just gotta get some basic information from you alright?" The nurse said as she went over to the computer and logged in.

"Is it alright if I answer for her?  Her voice is basically gone from throwing up so much." I asked the nurse.

"That's fine. I have her name and birthday, is she allergic to anything?" The nurse asked as she glanced back at me.

"She's allergic to peaches, peanuts and penicillin." I answered quickly.

"Height and weight?"

"5'7 and about 175 pounds."

"And the date of her last cycle." The nurse asked causing me to look at Vicky.

"Vic when was your last period?" I asked as I leaned down towards her. She scrunched her face in thought before weakly answering me.

"Like Valentine's Day.." She said lowly to only where I could hear. Oh Lord help us.

"Um, February 14th to the 18th." I answered hesitantly. The nurse paused before typing whatever else she needed to in the system before coming and giving Vicky a physical exam.

"Alright well we need a blood and a urine sample so we can take a few tests. I can wheel her down to the lab so we can draw her blood." The nurse said as she took her gloves off and washed her hands.

"Alright. I'll keep waiting here." I said as I helped Vicky out of the bed and back into the wheelchair. The nurse wheeled her out and once they were out the door I immediately started praying.

After about 15 minutes the nurse had wheeled her back in the room and informed me that my mother was on her way to the room.

Jesus be a fence....

Karen

One of the nurses was nice enough to lead me to Vicky's little room for the time being. I thanked her before knocking on the door and walking in. I saw Vicky laying on the bed asleep and Kierra sitting in the chair next to her with her head down in her phone.

"Hey Ki how she doing?" I asked as I went to the other side of the bed and sat down. I put my purse next to me before reaching forward and fixing the blanket on Vicky so it would cover her completely.

"Not sure yet mama. They just took some blood and got a urine sample. They said they would be back to check her stomach though cause she said it was hurting." She replied as she locked her phone and put it away in her purse.

"Alright. She just went to sleep?" I asked as I looked over at Kierra. 

"Yeah she went to sleep as soon as the nurse brought her back in here. She's been having cold sweats since I been here with her though."

"She probably has a fever. Did they check her temperature?" I asked as I leaned forward resting my hand on Victoria's forehead. She was a little warm but not too much.

Before Kierra could answer the nurse came and knocked on the door before peeking in.

"Hey are you her mom?" The nurse asked as she walked in and looked over at me. I nodded slowly before verbally replying.

"Yes, I am. Is everything alright?" I asked as I glanced at the paperwork she was holding in her hands.

"Well, yes and no. We ran some tests everything came back normal except the pregnancy test. We sampled her blood and urine and we have two different results so we're gonna have to do an ultrasound to take a look." The nurse explained as she flipped through the papers.

"What do you mean two different results? Like one is positive and the other is negative?" I asked in confusion.

"That's right. Her urine test came back as negative but the blood came back as positive. It could be a simple mistake so I had the lab run it again to make sure but as of right now I'd like to get her an ultrasound just to see what's going on in there." The nurse explained as another nurse walked in with the ultrasound equipment.

I sat in shock as the nurses continued to explain and hook the equipment up. I sat and watched as the hooked everything up before waking Vicky up to have her turn on her back. She cooperated and went back to sleep as the nurses did their exam. Kierra and I looked at the screen trying to see whatever it was they were looking for and time seemed to stop.

"Is that?" I started to ask before Kierra cut me off.

"Lord Jesus." She said lowly with a shocked look on her face. One of the nurse went over to the phone and dialed a number before speaking urgently.

"John page Dr. Reynolds and all attendings and tell them to prep OR 2."

~~~~~~
word count: 916

edited