X

(this is the last one for today! 😭)

The following week

We spent the rest of the week looking for Victoria but we hadn't had any luck. We all had made posts on our social medias asking people to keep an eye out for her and to reach out to us if they had seen her, but we haven't gotten anything yet. Sunday had rolled back around but this week everyone was so on edge we decided not to have our regular family dinner; it just wouldn't be the same.

Kierra still stopped by to see me but I honestly wasn't in the mood to be bothered today. I've been stressing and losing sleep trying to find Victoria. We all have, except for Kierra. Of course she's the only one who isn't phased by this even though she sees how much its hurting the rest of us.

"Look Ki, I appreciate you coming over to check on me but I'm really not in the mood to have company." I said as I sat at the kitchen table with my cup of tea.

"Mommy you've been stressing all week. I just wanted to come and cheer you up." She said as she sat across from me.

"I'll cheer up when we bring Victoria home." I said as I picked up my cup and took a sip of my tea. At the sound of her name Kierra rolled her eyes and huffed.

"Right.."

I set my cup down and took a deep breath before speaking. I was at my witts end with this girl and her attitude.

"Yeah right. And maybe if you were a little nicer to her I wouldn't be sitting here stressed about where she is." I said I grabbed my mug and got up from the table.

"What do I have to do with her running off?" She questioned as she got up to follow me. Whew this girl gon make me cuss Lord.

"She heard what you said about not wanting to deal with her Kierra. She heard what you said to me and whatever you said to Jordan and that's what caused her to leave." I said as I walked over to the sink and poured the last bit of my tea out.

I turned around and looked at her before leaning up against the counter continuing to speak.

"I don't know why you are letting your jealously cloud your vision but the way you treated her and talked to her was unacceptable and made her feel unwelcomed. And you thought she was stealing us from you? Kierra you are a grown ass married woman who can survive without the support of her parents but that girl, she had close to nothing from the time she was 13 til the time she walked into your father's office at church. We have given you everything you have ever wanted and needed but you are too damn selfish to share what you were blessed with to others. You had the chance to experience unconditional love and support from your family, she didn't. She needed us to provide that for her, she needed that stability, she needed that love and everyone else was giving that to her but your hostility and jealously ran her away before she could even fully experience what a family should be like." I ranted letting all my frustrations from this past week out. Kierra just stood there and looked at me with shock but it soon turned into regret and defeat.

"Mommy I'm sorry." She started but I quickly cut her off.

"Sorry ain't gon bring her back home Kierra. Sorry ain't gon fix the hurt she's feeling inside, the pain everyone else is feeling inside because we don't know if she's safe or not." I spat as I felt my emotions take over. My chest started to ache and tears started welling up in my eyes for what seemed like the millionth time. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath collecting myself before simply walking out of the kitchen.

Kierra tried to speak to me but I put my hand up cutting her off as I went upstairs into my room and closed the door leaving Kierra downstairs by herself. She left shortly after because I heard her car pull off from outside.

I sat on the side of my bed in silence until Drew came back home. He and Greg had spent the day going to different cities looking for Victoria but were still unable to find her. When I heard him say that I felt defeated. We had searched the entire city and even took small trips to the surrounding cities to look for her.

"I can see the stress on your face. We'll find her and we'll bring her back home." Drew said softly as he wrapped his arms around me. I just laid my head on his shoulder and sighed. How much longer do we have to wait Lord?

We sat like that for a few minutes before I finally pulled away and stood up.

"I'm gonna go make use a quick dinner. Any requests?" I asked him as I grabbed my phone and looked over at him.

"I can just order us something. Sit down and rest." He said as he pulled me back down next to him. He took out his phone and looked through some of his delivery apps before ordering us a pizza.

"I'm gonna go sit in my office. Yell if you need me okay?" He said as he got up. I just nodded and scooted back in the bed before laying down and checking my phone.

I scrolled through my instagram dms to see if anyone had messaged me with news on Victoria yet but at first glance I saw nothing. I decided to just keep looking before switching to my other social media apps to check for messages. As I was looking I got a facetime call from baby boy J Drew. I sat up a little before answering his call.

"Hey baby boy what's up?" I asked once the call connected. He was in the car driving but had his phone propped up so he could see me.

"I got some good news momma." He said with a bright smile before continuing.

"Some lady just called me from Marion Indiana. She follows me and she saw my post about Vicky. She said she's seen her at the library she works at during her school hours everyday since last Monday. She sent me the address so we can go get her tomorrow Ma." He said with excitement as he stopped and parked his car somewhere.

As I listened to him a weight was instantly lifted off my shoulders and I felt relieved. I dropped my head and started crying not able to respond to him.

"It's okay momma, wipe your eyes. We gon bring her back home."

~~~~
word count: 1156

edited