XI

(sorry for the wait yall. these last few days have been rough😭 and then my bishop popped up at my house last night and laid hands on me so i really wasn't in the headspace to write. BUT WE BACK AND BETTER. kinda 😂anyways back to the story.)

~~~~~~

As I worked on calming myself down J Drew added everyone else to the call and told them the good news. Once I could speak again we all agreed to leave out early in the morning to go down there and pick Vicky up. We soon ended the call and I immediately got up and started packing a small bag for Drew and I for the morning. After packing I ate a little before getting ready to go to sleep so we could get on the road as early as possible.

Drew and I woke up around 5 which was perfect because we weren't leaving until 8. We both got ready separately and he went to load the suv and get some gas while I waited for everyone to come over to the house. It was about 6:45 now and I paced around the living room in anticipation as the doorbell rang making me jump slightly. I went to the door and opened it revealing the whole family, literally.

All the kids came in and went right back to sleep in the guest room and everyone else came in and sat down in the living room as J Drew and Greg left to go put gas in the other truck.

"Karen sit down You gon burn a hole in that rug pacing back and forth like that." Jacky said as she patted the seat next to her.

"I'm nervous Jacky. What if she doesn't wanna come back?" I said as I walked over and sat next to her. As soon as I sat down I started tapping my foot against the floor rapidly.

"She'll come back. We just gotta talk to her and let her know that she in loved and wanted here. Everything will be just fine now relax." She said soothingly as she pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and held onto her as tight as I could. I'm so blessed to have an older sister like Jacky, she always knows what to say.

"Okay. Okay everything will work out fine. She'll come home and everything will be okay." I mumbled softly as I laid my head on her shoulder.

"Aww do the baby need some lovee??" I heard Dorinda say as she looked over at me and Jacky. Before I could respond she was sitting on the other side of me and pulled me into a hug as well.

All the love I was getting from my sisters made my nerves go down tremendously and it made me feel so thankful to have such a loving a caring family in such a time as this. Everyone else continued to talk amongst themselves as I just held onto Dorinda and Jacky's hands to keep me calm. The men soon came back and it was time for us to head out.

Drew, the sisters and I were riding together while J Drew, Greg, Kierra, Jordan and Angel were in the other car. Thank God for third rows. Nikki and Jay stayed back to watch the kids but told us to update them regularly on what was happening. We kissed them and the kids goodbye before getting in the car and heading on our way to get a quick breakfast before hitting the road.

Time to go get our girl back.

~~~~~
word count: 605

not m

edited

(also, the next few chapters might be a little short cause im trying to stretch the book out a little 😭 )