IV

~~~~~~

Drew and I left the courthouse full of excitement; we couldn't stop smiling even if we tried. On the way home I had Drew stop at Walmart allowing me to run in a grab a picture frame to put the document in. I carefully put it in the picture frame before we left out the parking lot and I proceeded to facetime Kierra in excitement.

The phone rang a few times before she finally answered.

"Hey mommy what's up?" She said hurriedly.

"I was calling to show you something but if you're busy I can call back later." I said.

"It's fine. Um I gotta finish something up and I'll call you back in like 30 minutes okay?"

"Alright. Love you." I barely got out before she hung up the phone. I just shook my head before facetiming my sisters.

Jacky was the first to answer and soon after Twinkie joined. We were just waiting on Dorinda.

"I wish this girl would hurry up and answer the phone." Jacky fussed as we sat there waiting for her. About 30 seconds later she finally joined the call.

"Sorry y'all I couldn't find my phone." She said with a laugh once she finally joined.

"Wow. Ms 'Take yo cellphone with you' can't even find her own phone." Jacky said jokingly making us all laugh.

"Okay okay enough guys. I called to tell you something really important." I said with a smile after we all quieted down.

"Well what is is?" Dorinda asked as she stared at the screen. I picked up the picture frame and held it up in the camera so the could read it.

"Tadaa. Vicky's officially ours!" I exclaimed with a excited squeal.

"Oh my goodness Karen that's amazing." I heard Twinkie say.

"Aw sucky sucky na we gotta have a party!" Dorinda exclaimed as she did a little dance.

"That's wonderful. Have you told her yet?" Jacky asked while clapping.

"No not yet. Drew and I are gonna go get her from school around lunch time to tell her." I said as I set the frame back in my lap.

"How bout we all just come over for dinner and you tell her then? So we all can be there." Jacky suggested.

"That'll work too. What we gon have for dinner?" Dorinda asked.

"I'll just order some pizza and wings and it can be a little family night." I said making a mental note of what all I had to do.

"That's perfect. We'll start making our way to you around 6 o'clock." Jacky said.

"Alright great. I gotta go, I love yall!" I said with a bright smile before blowing them a kiss.

They all responded with their 'I love yous' before ending the call. I set my phone down on my lap as I looked over a Drew with a smile as we continued to ride home.