IX

(two in one day let's gooo)

The next morning

Drew and I both decided to take Vicky to the school this morning to be with her when she joined the track team, just for support. Our alarm went off around 7 this morning so we both got ready and  dressed in some casual clothes before I headed to wake Vicky up. It was around 7:45 and we didn't have to be at the school until 9 so Drew went down to fix us a little breakfast before we left.

As he went downstairs I went to Vicky's room and gently knocked on her door before opening it slowly.

"Vicky are you up?" I asked as I peeked in the door. I reached over on the wall and flipped the light on to see her bed perfectly made but she was no where in the room.

I looked around in confusion before stepping out and going to the bathroom she uses. I knocked on the bathroom door and opened it seeing that it was empty as well. Panic immediately set in and I went back to her room calling for her.

"Victoria??" I pushed her door open and looked around her room to see if anything was out of place.

Everything looked the same as it usually did which made me think that she had just gone out for a walk or left to walk the neighbors dogs but as I continued to look around I saw her phone and a note sitting on her desk. I walked over and picked it up reading it slowly and my chest tightened as panic and dread set in.

"Drew!!" I screamed as I rushed out of the room with the note still in my hand. I called for him again as I made my way down the stairs practically running into him as I raced to the kitchen.

"Hey hey what's wrong?" He asked as tears start flowing down my face.

"Drew she's gone!" I said hysterically as more tears flowed down my face.

He wrapped me up in a hug and took the note from my hand to read it as I cried in his chest. As he read the letter I felt his demeanor change and soon he was just as concerned as me.

"Go call your sisters, I'll start the car and we'll start looking for her." He said as he folded the note up and put it in pocket. He let me go and kissed my forehead before walking back into the kitchen to put everything up.

I wiped my tears and went back upstairs grabbing my phone and my purse. I unlocked my phone and called Dorinda and Jacky through facetime as I worked on calming myself down a little.

Dorinda was the first to answer and she could immediately tell something was wrong.

"Karen why you crying what's going on?" She asked as she propped her phone up. She was sitting at her vanity preparing for her day.

Before I could answer her Jacky joined and asked me the same thing.

"Karen why your face red? You been crying? What's going on?" She asked as she propped her phone up as well.

"Vicky left. I'm not sure when but I went in her room to wake her up and she was gone." I said hurriedly as I walked downstairs again meeting Drew at the door.

"What? Are you sure she isn't out walking the dogs?" Dorinda asked.

"She left her phone and she left a note. She's gone Doe, we gotta go find her." I said as Drew and I left the house and got into the car.

"Alright. Let me finish getting ready and Greg and I will help you look." She said as she started hurrying up to finish her hair.

"Let me put my shoes on and I'll start looking too. Do you know where she could have gone?" Jacky asked as she picked up her phone and started moving around.

"Not really. I'm not even sure what she has with her. It looked like she left everything we have gotten her." I said as Drew and I rode around the neighborhood. We were both looking out the window trying to see if we could spot anyone who remotely resembled Victoria.

"Alright well keep looking and we'll look as well. Take care of yourself Karen, don't stress too much. We'll find her." Jacky reassured me but it didn't help much. All I could think about was if Vicky was safe or not. Before I could respond Dorinda started praying for Victoria's safety.

"Ouu Father God we come before you right now as humbly as we know how. Asking you to keep our baby Victoria safe and wrapped in your loving arms Lord. Please keep her away from any danger wherever she is and have her return back to us without a hair missing from her head." She started.

As I listened to her pray different scenarios began to play in my head on how we would find Vicky and what conditions we would find her in causing me to panic more. I ended up tuning Dorinda's prayer out until the end.

"In Jesus name we pray, amen." She ended with a sigh.

"Amen." Jacky and I replied at the same time before I looked down at my phone again.

"I'll call y'all back later and let you know what happens." I sighed as tears welling up in my eyes again. I blinked rapidly to make them go away but a few ended up falling. I quickly hung up not giving them a chance to respond before looking back out the window.

"Lord please, bring her back home." I whispered to myself with tears running down my cheeks.

~~~~
word count: 964

edited