VI

~~~~

Omniscient

The shattering of the glass made everyone look in the direction of the kitchen.

"Vicky is everything alright in there?" Karen yelled from her seat but she didn't get a response, she was frozen by shock and worry.

Karen furrowed her eyebrows when she didn't get a response so she got up from her seat and walked in the kitchen to check on Vicky. She saw her standing there frozen as the doctor was calling her name on the phone.

"Hello, this is Victoria's mother is everything alright?" Karen asked as she picked up Vicky's phone.

"I can't go into detail ma'am but Ms Briggs was listed as an emergency contact for a Ms Emrys Jackson. She currently in the hospital and someone should come quickly." The doctor said again.

"Oh my Lord. Alright we'll be on our way shortly." Karen said before hanging up the phone pulling Vicky over to her. Her doing that broke Vicky out of her state of shock.

Once Vicky had processed everything she had been told she quickly grabbed her phone ran out of the kitchen upstairs to her room.

"Victoria wait!" Karen called out as she worriedly glanced between the glass and Vicky running out. She sighed softly before turning and leaving out of the kitchen to rush upstairs.

"Kierra clean up the glass in the kitchen please. Drew get your coat we gotta go!" She yelled out quickly as she made her way up to Vicky's room.

Once she made it in her room she saw Vicky throwing some clothes and other essentials into a duffle bag before searching around for a few other things.

"Hey hey slow down." Karen said as she walked over to Vicky and grabbed her hands.

"I can't Mommy I gotta go. I have to go right now." Vicky said as she tried to pull away from Karen.

"You need to calm down and take a second to breathe Vicky. We'll leave as soon as you calm down." Karen tried to negotiate as she held Vicky's hands a little tighter to keep her from pulling away.

Vicky paused for a second and listened to her mother. She took in a shaky but deep breath and let it out slowly in order to calm herself down. She did that a few times before sighing and looking up at Karen.

"Can we go now? Please?" She pleaded with a shaky voice and tear filled eyes.

"Make sure you have everything you need and come downstairs when you're ready okay." Karen said as she let Vicky's hands go and walked out of her room.

After she left out of Vicky's room she went back downstairs to her family sending her questioning looks.

"Karen what's going on? Why Vicky run up them stairs like that?" Jacky asked curiously.

"Her friend Emrys is in the hospital. I don't know all the details but the doctor said we needed to come quick." She explained as she went and got her purse and keys out of the dining room.