XV

The next morning

It was about 8:30 when I woke up to someone knocking on our room door. I opened my eyes and stretched a bit before getting up and putting something on to cover myself. Before I could get up to open the door it opened itself and I saw Vicky peek her head in the door but with her eyes closed.

"Are y'all decent? We gotta start getting ready to go." She said still not opening her eyes.

"Yes we're decent you can come in." I said with a somewhat rough voice.

"Okay good." She said as she halfway opened one of her eyes before stepping in and opening both completely. She came in with the sign that was on the door and threw it on the desk next to the tv along with her room key.

"Auntie Jacky said check out is at 10:30 so chop chop." Vicky stated as she went over to her bags to find something to wear.

"Alright. Get your things and go in the bathroom I have to wake Drew up." I said before clearing my throat trying to make my voice sound a little more normal.

"Alright. And I don't think your voice is gonna get any better so you might wanna make you some tea." She replied as she grabbed her things and glanced at me.

"And wear something that covers your neck. It looks like you got attacked by a vampire or something." She added before going into the bathroom. My cheeks slightly heated up with embarrassment as I looked down.

Once I heard the bathroom door close I turned over and shook Drew's shoulder a little.

"Drew it's time to get up." I whispered down in his ear as I continued to shake his shoulder.

After a few moments he rolled over towards me while slightly groaning. I placed my hands on his cheeks and gave him a soft kiss before shaking him again.

"Drewww get uppp we gotta go homeee." I said again but this time dragging out my words to annoy him into waking up.

"Alright alright I'm up. What time is it?" He asked as he finally opened his eyes.

"A little after 8:45 but check out is at 10:30 so hurry up. And cover yourself up Vicky's back in the room." I replied as I got up and threw his clothes at him playfully.

As he covered up I went in our bag and got our things out so we could get ready. As I was doing that Vicky came out of the bathroom with her head down and covered making Drew and I laugh.

"Ha ha ha very funny. I'm going back to Aunty Jacky's room sooo I'll meet you downstairs." She said as she put her things back in her bag. She zipped it up before picking both of them up and walking towards the door.

She opened the door and sighed making Drew and I look towards the door.

"Not you too Doe Doeee. Look like you been attacked by leeches. All y'all just nasty." She groaned as she saw Dorinda and Greg leaving their room. She shook her head and started walking down to Jacky's room leaving us all in laughter.

Drew and I continued to get ready before finally leaving out of the room at 9:45. I had somewhat successfully covered up my neck but my voice and the little limp I had was gon give me away.

As Drew and I were walking out of our room Kierra and Jordan were walking our of their's as well. Kierra had on her sunglasses and had her hood pulled over her head.

"Well good morning Ki." I said as they started walking down the hallway to the elevator. She just waved and kept her head down as Jordan stopped to talk to us.

"Good morning Mama K. Don't mind her she woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." He said as he walked to the elevator with us.

"Oh I bet."

Soon we were all outside standing around the cars as Drew checked everyone out of their rooms. Dorinda was hugged up on Greg, Twinkie and Jacky were standing next to the car talking about something, Vicky was being chased by J Drew and Kierra was laid out in the backseat.

"Mama K tell him to stop!!" Vicky screamed as she ran over to me and hid behind me.

"What are you doing boy?" I asked as he walked over to us with a menacing smile.

"He has a bug in his hand and he's trying to put it in my hair!" Vicky yelled out from behind me.

"J put the bug down and leave Vicky alone." I sighed.

"Come on ma just duck out the way so I can get her." He said as he tried to peek around me.

"Aht. You better leave her alone boy." I said as I blocked him from getting to her.

"Uh oh Quin Quin finna come out you might wanna back up." I heard Dorinda say with a laugh.

"Yeah you right lemme back up." J Drew said as he dropped the bug and started stepping away from Vicky and I.

"He's leaving you can come out now." I said as I pulled her from behind me. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder before leaning down to kiss her forehead but she moved back before I could.

"Did you brush your teeth?" She asked and by the look on her face I could tell she was serious.

"Yes I brushed my teeth little girl now come here." I laughed. I pulled her back towards me and I wrapped her up in a hug before kissing her forehead.

We stood there just hugging each other until Drew came out and let us know that it was time to go. We all divided up into the cars, before going to the gas station to grab some snacks, filling up on gas and finally heading home.

~~~~~~~~

word count: 1,015

edited