III

Once we got home we showed Victoria the room she would be staying in along with the bathroom that would be hers while she was here. She was so overwhelmed that she started crying and thanking us repeatedly. We helped her get settled in a little before leaving her alone so she had time to unwind and do everything else she needed to.

I quickly changed out of my dress into some comfortable clothes and went down to the kitchen so I could get a start on dinner. As I was getting everything together I started singing to keep myself occupied. I hear someone come down the stairs as I was singing but I didn't pay attention to who it was since it could only be Drew or Tori.

The front door opened soon after so I knew it was Drew. I then heard Dorinda and Greg's voices as they walked in the house.

"Where you at Karen?" I heard Dorinda call out.

"Kitchen!!" I replied as I put one of my dishes in the oven to cook. I quickly washed my hands as Dorinda walked in the kitchen and over to me to give me a hug.

"Ouu what you cookin' in here? Sholl smell good." She asked as she peeked into the oven.

"Some macaroni, yams, greens, chicken and cornbread. You know how I get down." I said as I bumped her out of my way.

"I sholl do. Where's Victoria?" She asked as she set her purse done on the counter.

"She's up in Kierra's old room getting settled in. She started crying when she saw the room and wouldn't stop thanking us." I said with a chuckle.

"She seems like such a sweet girl. Its horrible that all those things happened to her." Dorinda sighed. She shook her head as she head over to the sink to wash her hands.

"I know. I was thinking maybe we could get her involved in some therapy so help her heal from those things." I replied while moving on to my next dish.

"That's a good idea Kare. We should take her out this week and get her signed up for that and take her clothes shopping." Dorinda had suggested as she helped me with dinner.

"Sure I'll talk to her about it later. I wanna give her some time to adjust to things more."

Dorinda nodded and we both continued to cook in a peaceful silence. Of course it didn't stay quiet for too long. I started to sing Holy Art Thou Holy to myself quietly and not soon after Doe joined me. In the midst of our singing and cooking Victoria had come downstairs and was watching us sing from the entryway of the kitchen.

It took me a while to notice her standing there but once I did I motioned for her to come into the kitchen. Dorinda and I slowly came to an end with our singing as Victoria walked in the kitchen and looked around a little more.

"How you feeling sweetheart?" I asked her as I cut up the sweet potatoes. I took a glance at her and noticed that her hair was down and she was in some different clothes.

"I'm alright, just a tired a little bit though." She replied as she leaned up against the counter.

"You could've taken a nap. Dinner won't be until later." Dorinda added as she joined the conversation.