XX

(sleep deprived writing part 2 😗✌🏽 all together i got 2 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours lol. im crying on the inside lowkey )

A few hours later

It was about 5 o'clock and it was just Vicky and I in the room now. My sister's had left about an hour ago to go eat and take care of their homes. Kierra had left earlier as well because she had an interview for her new album but she was on her way back to the hospital along with Drew to bring me some food.

Victoria was still asleep so I wasn't able to explain to her the true extent of how sick she was but honestly the longer I held off the better; it gave me more time to think about how to say what I wanted to say without doing it in a overbearing or intrusive way.

I sat in the chair beside her bed humming lowly as I scrolled through instagram looking through my fans edits and videos of me. I liked and reposted a few before opening my camera to post something. The church had a workshop next weekend so I wanted to make a video reminding everyone to get their tickets.

"Hello everybody I hope y'all are having a blessed day. I just wanted to get on here and remind you all about the leadership workshop we have going on next weekend at GEI. Tickets are going fast and we only have so many seats so I encourage you to come on out to the workshop and learn to lead amen. Cause the bible says that we shall be the head and not the tail, but how you gon lead someone if you don't know where to go?" I started. I opened my mouth to say something else but Vicky had woken up and called out for me.

"Mommy??"

"Uh oh y'all I'm getting called to my motherly duties; I'm right here sweetheart give me a second. But as I was saying get your tickets and remember to trust and obey in Lord. I love y'all bye." I said quickly ending the video with a kiss at the end. I posted it and set my phone down before giving Vicky my attention.

"Hey sleepy head. You feeling well rested now?" I asked as I got up and walked over to her side.

"Mhm. Is Poppa gonna come see me??" She asked as she yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"Yes he's on his way with Kierra right now. Oh here I got your glasses for you." I said as reached over and grabbed my purse. I took her glasses case out before pulling her glasses out of it and putting them on her face.

"Better?" I asked as I put my purse back.

"Yes thank you. Can you lay with me?" She asked as she straightened out her glasses.

"I don't think I'm supposed to Vicky." I started but I looked over at her and she was giving me those puppy dog eyes and a pout once again that just made me melt.

"Alright fine scoot over." I said with a sigh as I sat on the side of the bed. She smiled brightly before wiggling over to the other side of the bed to make room for me.

I moved her covers so I wouldn't be laying on them before slipping my sandals off and laying next to her. I positioned myself in a way so I would be sitting up before beckoning her over to me. She wiggled back over to me and laid her head on chest humming softly.

"You good now?" I asked as wrapped my arm around her.

"Yes, can you tell me what was wrong with me now? Why'd I have to have surgery?" She asked looking up at me. I lowly sighed before answering her.

"The doctor said you had cysts on your ovary and fallopian tube and it made them twist up so they went in there and fixed that but they found something else too." I started.

"Something else? I got cancer?!" She asked in a panic.

"No no no, you're perfectly healthy. No cancer, no disease no nothing." I reassured her in attempt to calm her down.

"Well, what they did find?" She asked again causing me to sigh. I paused for a minute trying to formulate my words.

"They found a baby Vicky. You were having an ectopic pregnancy." I said softly. She froze and her eyes glazed over as she seemingly zoned out.

"The nurse said you were about 10 weeks along but since the baby wasn't growing in your uterus there wasn't much they could do to save the baby." I added softly as she continued to stare at nothing but she broke her gaze and her silence soon after.

"Can I still have kids after all of this?" She asked softly.

"Yes the nurse said you would be able to once you heal." I replied causing her to nod. We sat in silence for a few seconds before I asked her another question.

"Did you know?"

"No I didn't. My monthly has always been irregular and the last time something happened was the week before I came to the church." She sighed.

"What do you mean the last time something happened?" I asked sitting up a little more. I had a feeling I knew what she meant but I didn't want to believe it. She just stared at the wall in silence but the silence was my answer.

"Oh Vicky." I wrapped both of my arms around her and cradled her like a child as she buried her head into the crook of my neck.

I shortly after heard sniffling and felt a few tears drop on my skin but I just continued to rock her and silently pray over her, asking God to heal her mind, body and soul. I started humming lowly as I continued to hold her, not ready or willing to let go until she told me to.

"Shh it's okay. Mama's got you."

~~~~~~

word count: 1,016

edited