XVIII

(edit from @/sincerely.tcs on ig)

~~~~~

"What? She has to have surgery? What exactly is going on?" I asked as one of the nurses quickly hooked Vicky up to an iv and heart monitor. The other nurse was still checking her stomach so I glanced back at the screen trying to decipher what I was seeing.

"Ma'am I can't exactly explain right now. We have to get her to the OR as fast as we can." The nurse explained.

Before I could ask any more questions a third nurse came into the room and helped them move Vicky from the bed to a gurney that was sitting out in the hallway. They grabbed her charts and everything else they needed before rushing her out of the room. Kierra and I grabbed our things and attempted to follow the nurses wherever they were going but we got stopped by a doctor.

"I'm sorry ma'am but you can't go beyond this point."

"What do you mean I can't go beyond here?! They're talking my child into surgery and didn't even tell me why!" I said getting upset.

"Mommy calm down." Kierra said as she grabbed my hand. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before looking at the doctor again.

"Look is there somewhere my family and I can wait while she's in surgery? And could you please get someone to explain what the hell is going one with her so we're not standing here clueless?" I asked in a fed up but polite tone.

"Sure thing." He said shakily before clearing his throat. He led Kierra and I to a waiting room on the second floor before excusing himself to find someone to explain what was going on.

"Go get your aunts and your father." I told Kierra as I sat down right in front of the clock they had on the wall.

She simply nodded before setting her purse next to me and walking out. Once she was out the room I sighed and I hung my head as I started praying for Victoria's safety and health. As I finished up my prayer my sisters and Drew walked into the waiting room with concerned looks on their faces.

"Karen what's going on? Why we up here?" Dorinda asked as she sat down next to me.

"They had to rush Vicky to surgery. I'm still waiting on a doctor to tell me what's going on myself." I answered as I looked up at the clock. Only 10 minutes had passed but it seemed like forever.

"Surgery?? For what??" Jacky butted in as usual.

"I don't know. They gave her 2 different pregnancy tests and they each came back with a different result so they started to give her an ultrasound to see what was going on but there's was something wrong. I could see it myself but I don't know what it is either. They didn't even explain what was wrong with her before rushing her to the operating room." I said as I started tapping my foot anxiously. My nerves are already bad but not knowing what's wrong with Vicky is making them even worse.

"Hey hey calm down. Stop all that tapping, she's going to be okay." I heard Drew say from the side of me. I looked over at him and tears immediately started to well up in my eyes.

"But Drew-" I started but he immediately cut me off by taking my hand and kissing the back of it.

"But nothing, you want her to be alright so speak it into existence. Whatever we ask for the Lord will provide so ask him to strengthen her and heal her and have faith that he will." He said softly yet encouragingly. I nodded and wiped my eyes whilst taking a deep breath to calm myself down.

As I was doing that the nurse from earlier came and knocked on the door frame before speaking and entering.

"Hi, firstly I apologize for leaving in such a rush without explaining everything to you but time was of the essence. Is everyone in here family?" She asked causing me to nod my head. She nodded and took a deep breath before explaining everything that was wrong with Vicky.

"Victoria has what we call Adnexal Torsion, in other words she had a large cyst on her ovary and her fallopian tube causing it to twist. In addition to that she was also experiencing an ectopic pregnancy." The nurse explained to us. We all sat in shock hearing Vicky's diagnosis. I said a silent prayer before clearing my throat and speaking up.

"So what is exactly is happening to fix this? The twisted tube and the cyst I mean."

"Well first the surgeon will untwist the fallopian tube and remove the cysts before having the obstetrician come in and remove the fetus. Sadly this will terminate the pregnancy and she may have some fertility issues in the future but she is expected to make a full recovery. I'll be back hourly to update you all." She said with a sad smile before walking out of the room.

"Lord have mercy that sound like it hurt." Dorinda mumbled as she placed her hand over her stomach.

"A twisted fallopian tube? Who knew that was even possible?" Kierra questioned in disbelief. They all started talking among themselves about the situation but I just sat there unmoving as I stared at the clock and silently prayed.

~~~~~~~~

word count: 911

edited