XVI

(plot twist just cause i wanted some drama😂😂)

Two Weeks Later

Alot has transpired over the three months Victoria has been with us but I honestly wouldn't change a thing. She's brought so much light into the family, a light we didn't even know that we needed.

Her birthday was on Monday so the family went to dinner the Friday before but that ended up being a bad idea cause Vicky has been sick ever since. She's been throwing up almost everything she tries to eat and she's just been feeling really drained these past few days.

"Vicky let's just go to the doctor. I can't stand seeing you like this." I said as I held her hair back for what seemed to be the millionth time. It was 7 o'clock in the morning and she planted down in front of the toilet yet again.

"Mama K I'm fine. I just need to let whatever's in my body pass through." She said with a cough which led to her emptying her stomach again.

I just sat behind her and continued to hold her hair as well as rub her back until she was done. She collapsed into my arms looking so weak and pale, I couldn't take it.

"We're going to the hospital whether you like it or not. Drew!!!" I said before opening the door and yelling for my husband.

"I'm fine I promise don't call him in here." She pleaded as she tried to sit up on her own. She was too weak to do so and she ended up falling back into me as Drew walked to the bathroom.

"Everything alright in there?" He asked as he pushed the door open some more. He saw the state Vicky was in and before I could respond he bent down and picked her up off of the floor.

"Grab y'all stuff I'm taking her to the car." He said as he walked out the bathroom.

"Wait cover her up." I said as I got off of the bathroom floor. I flushed the toilet before washing my hands and stepping out into the hallway.

I went in Victoria's room and grabbed her blanket off of her bed and draped it over her before allowing Drew to take her downstairs and put her in the car. I grabbed her phone and wallet and put them in my purse before grabbing my phone as well. I slipped my shoes on and called Jacky and Dorinda as I walked out the door.

"Karen it is 7am what do you want?" Dorinda said immediately after answering the phone. Jacky joined shortly after asking me the same thing.

"I want y'all to pray. Drew and I are about to take Vicky to the hospital cause she isn't getting any better." I said as I got in the backseat with Vicky. I helped her lay down before placing her head in my lap so she could be somewhat comfortable.

"Oh Lord I'll meet y'all there." Dorinda said as she got out the bed.

"Come pick me up Dorinda!" Jacky said as she got up too.

"Alright, Karen we'll meet you there. Let us know if something happens before we get there." Dorinda said as she started getting ready. I nodded my head before bidding them goodbye and calling Kierra to let her know as well.

"Hey mommy you up early." She said as the facetime call connected.

"I know, your father and I are on our way to the hospital with Victoria, she's been sick all week." I sighed.

"Uh oh. You want me to meet you up there?" She asked with concern.

"Could you please? Your father and I didn't even get a chance to get dressed for real before rushing out." I said as I looked up in the front at Drew. He looked so handsome while he was driving.

"Alright I'll be there in 10 minutes. Y'all gon be there?" She asked almost as soon as we pulled up to the front doors.

"We just made it here so I'll see you soon." I said before bidding her goodbye and getting out of the car.

Drew got out the car as well before helping Vicky get out of the car. She was too weak to stand on her own so he picked her up again and walked her through the doors setting her in one of the wheelchairs that were sitting there.

"Go park the car. I'm gonna go get her checked in." I said before kissing his cheek. I set my purse in Vicky' s lap before pushing inside to the emergency room.

Luckily there was no one here so I pushed her straight to the front desk before speaking to the receptionist.

"Excuse me can I get some help please? My uh, my daughter has been sick this past week and about 20 minutes ago she collapsed in the bathroom." I hurriedly explained.

"Sure thing can I get her name and birthday?" She asked not even glancing over at us.

"Her name is Victoria Briggs and her birthday is May 3rd 2002. She just turned 19." I answered.

The receptionist typed in the information before reaching over the desk and putting a hospital band on Vicky's wrist.

"Alright so just come around here and we can get her triaged so the doctor can come check her out." She said as she directed us over to the door that was next to the desk. Before I could even walk over there Kierra ran through the emergency room doors.

"Whew Jesus I'm here." She said breathing heavily.

"Good, you go to the back with her while I go home and get dressed." I said as I grabbed my purse from Vicky. I took her phone and wallet out handing them to Kierra before telling her where to go so Vicky could get checked out.

I watched them go to the back before going back outside to see that Drew hadn't moved the car thankfully. I got in the front seat and put my seatbelt on before letting him know we could go home. Our whole way home I just couldn't stop praying.

Lord let my baby be alright.

~~~~~~~

word count: 1,041

edited