XIII

( okay so there are gonna be two parts in this book. So 15 parts for the beginning and idk how many parts for the rest😭 also random pic of Jasmine Cephas Jones cause she was the lady at the library lol.)

~~~~~~

"I..." Victoria looked over at me before glancing back at Kierra. She had a hopeful glint in her eye but I could tell she was still hesitant.

"Vicky please. Come home." I pleaded one more time with desperation apparent in my eyes. She looked over at me again before nodding.

"Okay."

I let out a sigh of relief before getting up and pulling her into a hug. I held onto her tight slightly rocking her back and forth before placing a kiss at the top of her head. As we continued to hug each other the door creaked open revealing Jacky, Dorinda, Twinkie and Drew. They all stepped in and came over to us wrapping Victoria and I up in a group hug. After about a minute we all let go of each other  and everyone gave Vicky a hug separately. As they all walked out the room I turned to the young lady behind the desk and walked around to her.

"Thank you so much for helping us find her." I said with much gratitude as she stood up shaking my hand.

"It's no problem at all. I had seen her but hadn't noticed who she was until I saw your son's post. I'm glad I was able to get her back to you all safely." She responded with a smile.

"If she ever pops up down here again just give us a call." I said joking as I left the room.

"Will do!"

I walked outside and saw everyone standing around the cars just talking and hugging Vicky. I walked over to them and wrapped my arm around Vicky pulling her into my side as I gave her a hug again.

"Where's your stuff sweetheart?" I asked as we stood outside the car.

"It's at a shelter a few blocks away. I only had enough for one night at a hotel after getting a bus ticket." She replied lowly as we all started getting into the car. Jacky had gotten in the front and Twinkie and Dorinda got in the other truck allowing me to sit in the allowing me to sit in the middle row with Vicky.

"Okay well let's go get your stuff then go get something to eat. Have you eaten today?" I questioned as I moved her hair out of her face.

"Not yet. I usually don't eat until 12:30." She answered as she glanced at the clock. It was only 12:15 so it was almost time for her to eat.

"Alright we'll get some lunch after we go get your stuff." I said as I put my seatbelt on. Vicky leaned in to front and told Drew how to get to the shelter.

It took us about 5 minutes to get there and during the ride there we all just sat and listened to the music playing on the radio. When we pulled up I reached over to undo my seatbelt but Vicky stopped me.

"Its okay I can go get it by myself. I'll be right back out." She said as she got out of the car quickly not giving me a chance to respond.

She ran in and about two minutes later she came out with her duffle bags. She got back in the car and placed her bags in the third row before putting her seatbelt back on.

"Okay we can go now."  She said with a huff as she looked over at me and smiled.

"Alright let's go eat then. Everyone else is waiting for us at iHop." I said as Drew started driving towards the restaurant.

We didn't talk much more during the car ride but once we sat down at iHop it sounded like the whole church choir was in there. We ate and talked and sang a little bit before deciding to go to the hotel to rest a little. It was only 2:45 but we all decided we would stay the night and leave in the morning again.

Drew and I were laying in the bed cuddling as Vicky sat at the bottom of the bed watching a Disney movie. She was lightly singing along to the songs which made me smile but she got interrupted by a knock on the door.

"I got it." She said as she slid off of the bed and went to the door opening it.

"Hey Vi, you wanna go down by the pool and talk a little bit?" I could hear Kierra's voice from the outside of the door.

"Um.." Vicky looked back at Drew and I for permission so I nodded my head yes letting her know she could go.

"Yeah sure. Let me just put my shoes on and we can go." She said before walking over to her bags. She pulled out her sandals and grabbed her room key off of the dresser before waving goodbye to us and leaving with Kierra.

"Hopefully they don't get to fighting down there." I said lowly as I snuggled closer to Drew.

"I'm sure they'll be fine baby." He said as he kissed my forehead.

"Hmm alright. I love you." I said as I looked up at him through my eyelashes.

"And I love you more." He said with a bright smile.

"Really?" I asked as I sat up a little to look at him better.

"Of course." He replied with certainty.

"Show me..."

~~~~~~

word count: 940

edited