XIX

(pic of Vicky just cause 😗 karen pov tho as usual)

Three hours later

The nurse kept her word and came back every hour to let us know how the surgery was going before coming back one final time to tell us she was alright.

"The surgeons just finished up and we're about to get her settled into a room upstairs. She can only have 3 visitors at a time and only one person can stay over night with her but other than that she's perfectly fine and is going to make a full recovery." She ended making us all shout with happiness and relief.

"Whew Hallelujah!"

"Thank you Jesus!"

"Won't he do it?!"

"Won't he will!!"

We all continued to cheer and thank the Lord before finally calming down. I looked over at the nurse and sighed before stepping forward to her to ask her something.

"How far along was she?" I asked in a low voice as everyone else talked among themselves in the back.

"She was about 10 weeks. I told everyone working on her case to hold off on telling her so you could tell her yourself." She explained before giving me a sad smile. I just nodded and thanked her as she turned and left before going back to my seat and sitting down next to Drew.

We all continued to talk for about 30 more minutes before the nurse came back and gave us her room number. Jacky, Dorinda and Kierra went up to go see her first as Drew and I quickly ran back home so I could pack a bag for the night.

"You know you could just have Kierra stay with her." Drew said as he watched me rush around our bedroom trying to find my things.

"I know but I'd rather be there with her. Just to watch over her and make sure everything is alright." I replied as I walked over to my bag. I packed my clothes and the other necessities I needed before going to Vicky's room to grab some things for her.

"So I'm supposed to be here all alone tonight?" I heard Drew ask as I came back into our bedroom.

"You're a big boy I'm sure you can handle yourself." I said jokingly as I finished packing the rest of my things.

"Oh that's cold." He said with a laugh before pulling me down into his lap.

"Dreww stop we gotta get back to the hospital." I slightly whined as I tried to get out of his hold but it was no use.

"They can wait a little longer. Just let me hold you for a while since I'm not gonna be able to sleep next to you tonight." He said as he placed a soft kiss on my shoulder.

I just nodded and slightly blushed before wrapping arms around his neck and becoming comfortable in his embrace. We sat there just holding each other and enjoying one another company for about 10 minutes before he finally let me up to finish packing.

"Alright I got everything I need for now." I said as I zipped up my bag and put it on my shoulder.

"You driving yourself or you want me to take you?"

"I can drive myself. Just give me my kiss before I go." I said whilst standing in front of him. He was still sitting on the edge of the bed so I just placed my hand under his chin to lift his head up so he was looking up at me. I leaned down and repeatedly kissed his lips holding the last one out a little longer before completely pulling away.

"I think I need one more to hold me over for the rest of the day." He said with a goofy smile that caused me to laugh. I just shook my head before leaning down and giving him another kiss before standing up straight and grabbing my purse and keys.

"Okay I gotta go now. I love youuu." I cooed as I walked out of our bedroom.

"I love you more. With yo fine self." He mumbled but I was still able to hear him. I just laughed and shook my head as I made my way downstairs and out the door to my car.

I got in my car and as soon as I was settled in I dang near sped to the hospital cause I turned a 30 minute drive into a 15 minute drive. Once I was at the hospital I parked and grabbed my bags before heading inside. I went straight up to Vicky's room and walked in to see my sister's sitting around her singing 'You Brought The Sunshine.'

I smiled and set my bags down before walking over and joining them. I looked down at Vicky and saw that her eyes were closed but she was lightly smiling. When she heard me join in she scrunched her eyebrows in confusion before opening her eyes slowly. She blinked a few times before focusing her eyes on me and smiling.

"Hi mommy, I missed you. You weren't here when I woke up." She said softly as her smile turned into a pout. We all stopped singing almost immediately at the sound of her calling me mommy, my heart swelled and was filled with happiness as I sat at the foot of her bed.

"I'm sorry sweetheart I had to go home and get some clothes so I can stay over night with you. But I'm here now, are you feeling alright?" I asked while adjusting her cover.

"The medicine is making me sleepy. What was wrong with me? The nurses won't tell me anything." She yawned.

"You had to have surgery sweetheart but you're completely fine and dandy. Just get some rest and we'll talk about it when you wake up again okay?"

"Okay. You'll be here this time right?" She asked looking up at me with puppy eyes that just made me melt.

"Of course I will. Now get some rest alright." I said as I stood up and went to her side. I sat down next to her making sure I wasn't sitting on any cords and pushed her hair out of her face before fixing it.

"Okay. Can you keep singing?" She asked in the midst of drifting off. I chuckled lightly but complied by singing a song from her favorite Disney Movie; The Lion King.

I began singing 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' and by the time I hit the second verse she was out cold. I lightly hummed the melody until I was sure she was sound asleep. Once I stopped I leaned down and kissed her forehead before fixing the cover over her shoulders so she wouldn't be cold.

"Look at you being mommy of the yearrr awwweee." I heard Dorinda say from behind me. Fortunately Jacky responded for me.

"Shut up Dorinda."

~~~~~~

word count: 1,155

edited