II

~~~~~~~

I sat at the piano for about an hour before getting up and going into the kitchen to make sure I had everything I needed for dinner. As I was doing that Vicky came bolting down the stairs and to the front door scaring me.

"And where are you going?" I questioned as I walked out of the kitchen with my hands on my hips.

"I need to grab something from someone outside. I'll be right back in." She rushed out as she slid on her shoes and shot out the door.

I walked over to the window and looked out to watch her. A black Charger pulled into the driveway and she jogged over to the driver side with a wide smile on her face. The window rolled down but I couldn't see who it was because she leaned in and began to talk to them for about a minute. She then moved out of the window and proceeded to grab something from them and turned to walk back towards the house. Whoever it was called her name and it made her turn back around and go to the window again. The driver barely leaned out as she leaned in and gave them a quick kiss before running back towards the house.

I moved away from the window and started walking back towards the kitchen as she came in the house.

"Who was that?" I asked once she came in and closed the door behind her.

"Oh uh just. Um just a friend." She stuttered a little bit as she messed with her hair.

"Hmm so yo kiss all your friends on the mouth?" I questioned as I turned back to look at her. She stood there like a deer caught in headlights.

"Well I uh. I-" She started to say but Emrys had called her from upstairs.

"Oop gotta blast." She said quickly as she rushed up the stairs into her room.

I simply just shook my head and went back in the kitchen to prepare things for dinner. As I was preparing dinner Drew came in the kitchen and began to help me which sped up the process. We were done around 6:15 so we called the girls downstairs as we set the table to eat. They came down and washed their hands before sitting at the table so we could eat. Drew said a quick prayer over the food and we were eating shortly after that.

"So Vicky do you wanna tell me who came over here a few minutes ago?" I asked once again as I looked at her from across the table.

"Someone came over?" Drew asked looking back and forth between us. I just nodded my head as I stared at her waiting for an answer.

"It was nobody mommy. Just a friend from school." She said nervously as her eyes pleaded for me to stay quiet.

"So you do that with all your friends? Or just the special ones?" I asked again before taking a bite of my food.

"Do what with who?" Drew asked completely clueless to the conversation.

"She only do that with the special ones Mama K." Emrys butted in looking over at Vicky with an amused expression.

"Emrys Temple Sadé Jackson you better hush your mouth right now." Vicky said quickly as she looked over at her friend with a shocked expression.

"Don't get mad at her. They can't be that special if we haven't met them yet." I interrupted in a smart tone.

"You guys will meet them when the time is right I promise. I'm still 'collecting data' as you would say Ma." Vicky sighed as she picked at her food a little bit.

"Ain't that much data in the world to collect when it comes to-" Emrys started to say but Vicky quickly put her hand over her mouth to shut her up.

"Mm alright I'll leave it alone for now. But they can't just pull up over here and sit in my driveway until you can tell me who it is alright?" I said in a motherly tone to let her know I was serious.

"Yes ma'am." Vicky said as she moved her hand from Emrys's  mouth and nodded.

"Alright now finish your food, both of you." I said as I pointed to both of them. They simply nodded and continued to eat while talking amongst themselves quietly. Poor Drew was still sitting here looking confused as ever but he simply shrugged his shoulders before continuing to eat.

We all finished eating and the girls took the responsibility of clearing the table and cleaning the kitchen for Drew and I. As they were doing that Drew lead me to his office because he needed to talk to me about something important.

"Alright before I start what were you and Vicky talking about at the dinner table?" He asked as he sat down in his chair. I sat on the edge of this desk letting out a soft laugh before answering.

"She had someone drop something off over here but before they left she leaned in the window and kissed them goodbye. And before you go into your protective father mode I couldn't see who it was so I can't give you a description. Now what did you call me in here for?" I explained before asking him my question.

"Mm what car were they driving?" He asked ignoring my question.

"A black Charger with gold detailing. Now answer my question."

"Hmm alright. And Vicky's old social worker finally got back to me. Apparently her mom signed her rights away years ago so all we need to do is go up to the courthouse and get the paperwork to change her name and obtain legal guardianship." He said with a bright smile. My heart was filled with joy as I heard this.

"Can we go tomorrow while she's at school? I mean, if you're not too busy?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course we can. I'm never too busy for my girls." He replied making me smile harder. I threw my arms around him and hugged him as I let out an excited squeal.

"Yay! Thank you baby I can't wait!" He laughed as he wrapped his arms around my waist wrapping me up in an tight hug as well.

"Anything for my queen."

~~~~~~

word count: 1,059

edited