01.

authors note:
before you guys read this, i'm letting you know that i made this fanfic back in 2020, so there is going to be a lot of bad writing and humor. but if you still want to read this go ahead.

YOUR POV:

I exited the elevator room with caution. I followed this chef's directions to go to the back room and I did. When I entered inside, I spotted a table and four chairs around it. I sat on one of them since my legs were becoming sore from walking.

As I was seated, suddenly I felt like the room was going down and I became surprised, "what in the world? bro, did i just get scammed?" I said as I figured that this wasn't a back room of some random restaurant.

it was a god damn elevator.

"are you kidding me." I said annoyed. I stood up from the chair i was sitting on and watched as the doors opened. I was kind of disappointed that I didn't get to have my food that I ordered, like man, I just wanted to eat food. "Where the fuck am I?" I said as I exited out of the elevator.

Everybody then looked over at me with these death stares which made me a little uncomfortable but it was alright. They then looked away after and I just sighed.

I didn't realize that a little green bean approached me and offered me a badge that had the number 406. "Hey, Can I actually have the badge number 69?" I asked.. "It's not allowed, but I'll let it slide." The little green bean told me as it pulled out an extra badge that had the number 69 written on it.

"Thanks!" I smiled down at the green little bean as it walked away. 'It seems pretty cool over here.' I thought as I observed the people around me. I've seen some interesting people. Like some Pennywise wannabe, Thanos with needles, etc.

As I was just standing there awkwardly trying to get used to this environment I felt the person who was standing beside me stare at me. As I turned to there direction I saw that we had the same badge number, "haha... what a coincidence.. right?" I said as I nervous laughed.

The guy just looked at my badge that was on my right shoulder and looked down at me, "what in the world—" He spoke and I just walked away not wanting to deal with him.

As two hours passed I just went ahead, I was just playing genshin impact on my phone. thankfully, there was wifi. If there wasn't, I'll probably be sleeping right now but honestly I don't like people looking at me while I sleep.
It's kinda creepy you know?

As I was minding my business, I got distracted by some man screaming in pain. Which made me look away and see what that was. As I stood up from the ground and looked at where the commotion was.

"aw man, I died by some stupid hillichurl." I said as I looked over to my phone. Sadly when I wasn't paying attention to my game, bennett was getting hit by a hillichurl.

One of them was the ass pennywise I saw earlier and the other? i dont know. bald. The pennywise ass dude was just talking and the other was suffering on how his arm was disappearing and turning into flower petals.

"Just get over it. death is natural. You'll die one day." I said annoyed and people looked at me shocked, "What? I'm telling the truth..." I mumbled as all eyes were on me.

"what if you were in my position...kid..." He mustered to say wincing from the pain, "I could care less." I said bluntly. "what—" He said I just walked away passing the crowd and continued to play.

I did see some boy that was near me who was maybe old... He looked about like my age though... probably because of his hair. I guess I was staring a bit too long at him that he stared back at me. I quickly looked away in embarrassment.

all of a sudden, a random bell chimed and a wall that used to be in front of us moved up. It revealed some man without a mouth? "That's pretty weird..." I mumbled.

Not realizing that the "old" man who was about my age was right beside me. When I did notice I literally froze and just tried to ignore his presence.

'let me pretend that I was never staring at him in the first place.'

it was so awkward... I just got out my phone and played some music. I started playing yoasobi. I put the volume a bit low so I can hear what this man was going to say. 

"I apologize for the delay. Thank you for waiting. The entry period for the Hunter applicants is officially closed." Mr. Satotz explained. "So, with no further ado, the Hunter Exam will now begin!" He announced.

'Wait Hunter Exam? I didn't sign up for this.' I thought to myself as I slightly widened my eyes. 'im literally going to get my ass killed here. And also... how the hell is he talking without a mouth?'

"One final word of caution. If you're short on luck or ability, keep in mind that there's a real chance you could end up seriously injured. Death is another distinct possibility." Mr. Satotz explained.

"good thing I'm not bennett." I said to myself, and the white haired boy next to me just looked at me weirdly, 'someone get me out of my misery, PLEASE.' I thought to myself.

"If you're willing to accept the risks involved, I'll ask you to follow me now." He said. I was lost in my thoughts completely ignoring his explanation. "But the rest of you kindly exit through the elevator located behind you." He pointed at the exit.

There was a bit of silence since nobody moved. 'Now this is pretty awkward. What did he even say earlier?' I thought. I already agreed to myself that I would take this Hunter Exam since there was nothing to do with life.

"Right, then. Very well. All 406 applicants will now participate in Phase One." Mr. Satotz said as he turned around and started to walk at a slow pace. We all began to follow right behind him.

After about two minutes Mr. Satotz started to pick up his pace and we all started to run. "How rude of me. I neglected to introduce myself. I am Satotz, your Examiner for the First Phase of the Exam." He said.

"It's my responsibility to lead all of you to the Second Phase." Mr. Satotz explained. "Second?" Badge 294 (Hanzo) asked. "Whatever happened to the First?", "The first phase is already underway." Mr. Satotz explained. People started to Murmur all around me in confusion.

"The first Phase is quite simple. All you have to do is follow me to the second Phase. So, try to keep up." Mr. Satotz stated. "Follow you? So that's it? There's nothing else?" Hanzo asked.

"That's right." Mr. Satotz answered. "I cannot tell you where or when you must arrive. You need only to follow me." Mr. Satotz said. 'That seems pretty easy.'  I thought in my head.

I decided to occupy myself by playing genshin impact, I was kinda struggling as I was playing because I was running of course.

Who's your favourite Hunter x Hunter character and why? Mine is Bisky because she's a #girlboss and I really like her personality.

I'm sorry that this chapter is really short, i was just rushing because i had to get my homework done and other stuff !