03.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

YOUR POV:

The other applicants had arrived already and they were panting and trying to catch their breath. Me, Gon, and Killua we're sitting beside the exit. I was sitting beside Killua and playing on my phone enjoying myself playing a horror game on Roblox.

Killua was watching me play the Mimic and I was trying to find some key to unlock a door. "AH—?!" I cried out as a jumpscare appeared on my screen and I died.

"That scared the crap outta me." I said. "It wasn't even that scary, Y/N." Killua deadpanned and I just gave him an annoyed look and continued playing after I re-spawned.

"Hey, Kurapika!" Gon greeted. "Hey, is this our destination?" Kurapika asked. "Nope, not yet." He answered. "Hm, I see," Kurapika said. "Looks like the fog is lifting." Kurapika says. "Ah, really?" Said Gon as he stood up from the ground to get a better view.

"Woah!" He said in awe. "The Milsy Wetlands, also known as Swindler's Swamp. We must cross it to reach Phase Two of the Exam. This place is home to a variety of truly bizarre animals, many of which are crafty, voracious creatures." Mr. Satotz explained.

"Who deceive and feast on human prey. So please, be very careful." Mr. Satotz warned. "If you're deceived, you'll surely die." Mr. Satotz explains. "That turned dark quickly." I said. Some of the applicants started to sweat in fear and clamour.

"Wait for me!" A male applicant said as he reached a handout but the gate was fully closed. "Sucks to suck." I shrugged. "These wetland creatures are not to be underestimated, for they will use every trick in the book to fool their prey." Mr. Satotz explained and people gasped.

"This is an ecosystem in which all creatures hunt by the art of deception. And that's why it's also known as Swindler's Swamp. Now then, please follow me closely so you won't be deceived." Mr. Satotz said.

TIME SKIP!

"Gon, Y/N." Killua spoke. "Yeah?" Gon and I said at the same time, "Let's try to move up to the front," Killua explained. "Right." Gon agreed. "The last thing we want to do is lose sight of the Examiner right now." Gon stated. "I just want to put a little more distance between Hisoka and us," Killua said. "Staying too close is dangerous. I can smell it."

"Smell, huh?" Gon said in confusion as he sniffed the air. "Huh? I don't think he smells." Gon said. "Yeah, he smells like shit." I said bluntly and Killua just let out a snicker.  "Hey, Leorio! Kurapika! Killua says we should all move up to the front of the pack." Gon shouted. "Hey, calm down, don't you feel the tension in the air?" Killua questioned.

"no?" I said as I raised one of my eyebrows. "You idiot! If I could reach the front I'd already be there." Leorio shouted back. "Go ahead, we'll meet you there," Kurapika added. "Aww." Gon groaned. "Come on, let's go." Killua said.

"Wait, hold on!" I yelled as I ran after the two. "I wonder what's happening. I hear people screaming all around us." Gon spoke. "Probably dying, maybe?" I guessed. "That's why we need to be careful." Killua said.

"I haven't seen the guys in a while. I hope there safe." Gon said. "Huh?" We all stopped walking. "AAAA??!!" I screamed out waving my arms out all around. "We did not just get swallowed up by a frog." I deadpanned.

"can't wait to die!" I said sarcastically. "Idiot, we aren't going to die." Killua said annoyed with an irk mark right onto his head flicking my forehead. "ow...But it would be cool though--" I said but later got cut off.