02.

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

YOUR POV:

It's probably has been idk hours since the Exam began. I've stopped playing Genshin impact and focused on running with the others so I didn't lose track. I have seen already numerous of people who used to be in front of me drop out from exhaustion. I would just run past them without a care.

I was still beside that boy next to me, I actually came to realize that he wasn't old... BUT—- I have a theory that he is an old man ! I would sometimes notice he would just do a quickly stare at me and then just look away.

"Hey, wait up, kid!" Leorio shouted, "Hm?" Killua hummed. "stop using that damn skateboard!" Leorio protested. "What do you mean?" The Killua asked. "I mean quit using a damn skateboard. That's cheating." Leorio said, "How's that?" Killua asked confused as he still skated.

"How? This is an endurance test, that's how." He shouted as he had an irk mark on his head. 'Please shut up I'm about to go deaf.'  I groaned, hearing this man yell was giving me a headache. "No, it's not!" Gon said. "Huh?" Leorio said puzzled.

"What are you babbling about now, Gon?" He asked him as he furrows his eyebrows. "The examiner guy only said we had to follow him, dumbass. He never said that we couldn't use a skateboard." I said and Gon nodded in approval. "Hey, who side are you both on, anyway!?" He shouted at me and Gon

Killua then skated towards Gon, "Hey, how old are you?" He asked Gon, "Twelve years old." Gon answered. I of course, didn't want to be a bother so i just slightly distance myself and started to play genshin again.

i've been wishing for Itto and he hasn't came home yet sadly. when i did a ten pull all i got was a BENNETT? 'i already have a c4 of you...' I thought annoyed.

I quickly noticed that the man with the blue suit later dropped his suitcase onto the floor and stopped running to catch his breath looking exhausted as hell. The two boys who were in front of me stopped running and looked at the old man for some reason?

I stopped as well as I was confused by the sudden action.

"Aren't you guys going to help?" I asked but was just ignored and only got a stare from that white haired boy. 'i-okay, then.'  I thought, "I'm becoming a hunter, no matter what!" He shouted as he sprinted past us. "Damn it all!" He shouted. "Didn't know old people could run that fast." I said in shock watching him run.

Gon took out his fishing rod and quickly grabbed Leorio's suitcase. "Got it!" Green haired boy grunted. The white haired fluffy boy gasp in awe. "That was awesome!" Killua said in awe. I began to run again to catch up with the others. "Can I try that later?" Killua asked. "Sure, if I can try your skateboard." Gon offered.

i just chose to ignore those two AGAIN. because i don't even know how to make a conversation with random people and it would be very awkward.

"Hey, what's your name?" Gon asked me as he and his friend Killua caught up with me somehow, "My name's Y/N? What's yours." I asked. 'jdksskaaj this is so awkward. someone help me...'  I thought, "My name's Gon and this is Killua!" Gon introduced.

"Yo." Killua responded. We caught up with the others and I saw stairs up ahead. 'Are you fucking kidding me?'  I thought in my head groaning. "Hey guys, I've got an idea. Let's race to the finish, see who's faster." Killua challenged.

"Sure, okay. But the loser has to buy dinner." Gon said. "Kay!" I replied. "Yeah, you're on," Killua said. "Ready, go!" We said as we sprinted going up the stairs. As we were running up the stairs we caught up with Gon's other friends.

"See you at the finish line." Gon spoke. "Catch you later, old man." Killua teased and I snickered. "Hey, I'm not old! Can't you tell that I'm a teenager like you guys?" Leorio argued. We all were stunned at his response. "Huh? What no way!" Gon said refusing to believe what he heard.

"WHAT?" I said shocked. I, Gon and Killua have continued to run up the stairs again. "I've got to tell you, Gon and Y/N.." Killua spoke. "I'm pretty impressed that you guys can keep up with me." He admitted.

"You are?" Gon laughed as he scratched the back of his head. I just shrugged my shoulders. Killua raised one of his eyebrows in confusion. "Or maybe they're all just slow, you guys seem fast." Killua said.

"Man, I thought the Hunter Exam was going to be more of a challenge," Killua whined as he lowered his head down. "This is boring." He said. "Hey, why do you guys want to be a Hunters, anyway?" Gon asked us. "Who me? I never said I wanted to be a Hunter." Killua stated. "Huh?" Gon mumbled.

"I just heard that the Exam was supposed to be hard. It sounded kind of fun so here I am." Killua explained. "But it's not as fun as I thought. What about you?" Killua asked Gon. "Well, the thing is, my dad's a Hunter. So I decided I was going to be a Hunter just like him, no matter what." Gon explained.

"Hm, so what kind of Hunter is he?" Killua questioned. "No idea." Gon said. Killua busted out laughing. "That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard." Killua laughed. "Huh?" Said Gon as he was confused.

"You wanna be the same kind of Hunter as your dad but you don't know anything about him? That's nuts." Killua said.

"Mito's the one who raised me and she told me a little, but I've only ever seen him in pictures she showed me from a long time ago." Gon explained.

I who was listening to their conversation decided to speak up. "Wait, who's Mito?" I asked Gon.

"She's my aunt." Gon answered. "She said that my dad took the Hunter Exam when he was only twelve years old, too. He passed his first try and became a Hunter." Gon said. "That's when he decided to leave the island. So, I came here in order to find out why he chose being a Hunter over staying at home with me."

"What about you, Y/N?" Gon asked as they both looked at me. "to die— i mean haha... uh did you guys hear that? well, i just came here by ordering the food code to get here... so most likely I ended up here by accident."

"did you just say you wanted to die—" killua said as he looked at me weirdly, "no... i don't know what your talking about." I said
shrugging. I looked up ahead and spoke, "Hey, guys look it's the exit!" I pointed.

We sprinted up the stairs again running past the other applicants.

"Goal!" We all shouted as we passed Mr. Satotz. "Yeah, I did it! I finished first." Gon spoke. "What are you talking about? I totally won." Killua argued. "No, I did!" I flung my arms up and down.

"No, I won." Gon argued. "I won," Killua argued back. "No, I won by an inch!" I argued as well. "I was faster than the both of you, so you have to buy me dinner." Gon said. "No! I was faster so you guys are buying me dinner." Killua denied. "no, I was faster!" I said. "Hey, which one of us was faster?" I asked Mr. Satotz. "You all crossed the line simultaneously." He answered.

"Okay. Fine, I guess I'll have to buy your dinner. Killua you'll have to buy Y/N's dinner and Y/N has to buy me dinner and I'll buy you your dinner!" Gon explained. "I don't get it." I and Killua said in confusion.

"Hey, Mr. Satotz, is this where the Second Phase begins?" Gon asks. "No, it isn't. We have quite a way to go." Mr. Satotz answered. "Oh, man!" Gon whined.