ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

Love has been a topic everyone favored about

Love has been a topic everyone favored about. Many argue of its precise meaning. No one really understood how it worked, because everyone had different experiences.

Was love a choice? Is it something so strong? Can a mere teenager experience such a thing called love?

Ray had read many books and love was referred to as an exciting and a fearful emotion. He wasn't quite sure if it was an emotion or a feeling. His hands have went through so many pages of books, talking about love. Whether it be a romance story or a scientific explanation. He still doesn't get this thing called love.

When a certain character was described to have their heart throb rapidly at the sight of the person they were fond of, Ray found it stupid, very idiotic. He'd often furrow his eyebrows at the scene where the character was about to confess but failed to do so, due to them being shaky and nervous.

What was so scary about this? The person was just going to confess their love for the other person. Why was it that hard? Ray had found it very stupid.

A pretty similar thing has happened when girls in his school talk to him in a wavering voice. They would give him some letter and admit how they fell in love with him. He didn't like the idea of someone falling in love with him. Mostly because they only know him for his somewhat fame around the school.

He believes love must be taken seriously. Pouring out words 'I love you' was a big commitment. And he doesn't really want to experience such a thing.

Sure, he loved his mother. His bubbly friend, Emma and the insanely genius, Norman. But that love was totally different, it was completely platonic.

It was entirely different to the one he felt towards the girl whom he only met just a month ago. This was definitely a fearsome feeling and somewhat, peculiar. He couldn't tell if he only liked her or if he truly fell in love.

As a child, he always deemed that one protagonist to be stupid for sacrificing themselves for the one they loved. But now he wanted to actually do that for the girl he liked, loved. Really, he doesn't know if he could call it as only an infatuation or love.

It was a bothersome feeling that he sometimes couldn't focus on studying. Her smile was just on his mind, that beaming smile that just oddly makes him happy. He often smiles to himself alone, which made his own mother curious.

"Math surely makes you smile, huh?" The woman, her purple hues of eyes full of amusement, placed a plate of bread on his study table.

"What?" Ray looked up to see his mother, smiling at him.

"You look fazed." Isabella said. "Got something on your mind?"

"Or rather, someone?" She said, teasing her son into admitting.

"W-what?" Ray widened his eyes, flustered. "I was just thinking how this math equation is easy." He quickly saved.

Though, Isabella didn't buy his excuse. "Alright." She simply said. "Eat up, okay?"

"Yes Mom." He said, taking a piece of bread.

"Oh why you look at that, (Y/N) is outside." She said, looking out of the window.

That quickly caught Ray's attention. He turned his head to the window to see if she really was outside. And it turned out there was no one but Emma waving from their lawn, watering her father's plants.

"I knew it." Isabella calmly said, smiling. "It's (Y/N) from my own class, right? The coincidence is surprising."

His face started to warm up. Of course, his mother was smart. She deduced after playing a little trick on him. "Mom.."

"Don't worry, it's totally alright." Isabella said, putting a hand on her son's shoulder. "I like her."

"Mom." He looked away in embarrassment.

"My son is so adorable." Isabella said, cupping his face.

"Mom, stop it." Ray complained, embarrassed.

Just then, Isabella's phone started to ring. Showing across the screen was the name Leslie, his step-father. He was a good man, a great dad and a loving husband towards his mother.

She took the phone call, leaving him from the room. He was happy that his mother had found a nice person like Leslie. He could see how they truly love each other.

His mother was happy with Leslie. Every conversation with him was a joy to her. They were truly meant to be. No complications in their relationship whatsoever.

Ray sat back on his chair, trying to solve the equation again. His mind drifts back to the very first time him and (Y/N) had encountered. The afternoon in the quiet library.