ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

(Y/N) was always an outcast

At the age of five, she was thrown into a river almost drowning. She got all wet. When she got home, she would just cover it up by saying she fell into a large puddle.

She didn't know what made the people dislike her. Maybe because she was home schooled, maybe because she looked ugly (according to her classmates) or maybe they just simply dislike her.

(Y/N) shrugged the past thoughts from before, walking through the almost empty hallways of the school with Ray. It was after classes and students usually had two hours of free time until the gates open and they can go home. Usually, the students go to their designated clubs or do their assigned projects and homework.

"Hey, I'm just gonna go to the comfort room real quick." (Y/N) said to Ray, to which Ray nodded in reply.

She found the girl's bathroom just up ahead and went inside. There was no one in the bathroom, and every stall were empty. (Y/N) got in a stall, locking the door afterwards. Just after she locked it, she could hear footsteps nearing her stall, she assumed students were outside.

"All of them were fawning over her." A voice of a girl groaned. "What's so special about her? She's just cold."

"That's what people like these days." The other one said.

"She even got the attention of Ray! How?!" One exclaimed. "Attention seeker. I bet she does that tough attitude on purpose."

(Y/N) widened her eyes as she hears the statement. She felt her throat closing up, tears welled up in her eyes. "Hold it in, (Y/N)." She whispered to herself.

Tough attitude? What attitude? Sure, she does that on purpose but not to seek attention. Hell, she didn't even want the attention they're saying. She ignores people, to calm her down. (Y/N) didn't like socializing and the only way she knows how is to ignore people.

Someone trying to be friends with her? Yes, she ignores. Because one thing she has learned from the past is that to don't be friends with anyone. Friendship can lead to trusting each other. And when that trust breaks, everything falls apart. Everything painfully and slowly falls apart.

She chose to ignore, so that she couldn't go through that again. Yes, people aren't the same but she couldn't bring herself to even trust anyone after trusting someone who she thought befriended her because they wanted to. She can't simply just be friends with someone so quickly.

"They're all swooning over her, she's not even pretty." One spoke up again, shattering her heart into pieces.

Throughout her entire childhood, that's what literally she got everyday. Her classmates always bullied her for being 'ugly'. Which led her to think she is ugly. Come on, she knows she's ugly but why do they need to keep reminding her?

Insecurities welled up in her, growing every single day. They say to not let it get to you, but she couldn't ignore the horrible comments of people about her appearance. Her mother and father always told her how beautiful she was but still she has her insecurities.