ᴏɴᴇ

It was just him and the smell of books

It was just him and the smell of books. He was fond of the pages telling him stories and information. When he was a child, he didn't like any book that contained information.

He was always into the realm of fantasy. Reading through classic fairytale stories. Though, he always found it idiotic and somewhat cringe but he liked it. These kind of stories always amused him, but he'd never admit that out loud.

His fingertips went through book from book. Finding the certain novel he was looking for. Titled Romeo and Juliet, he was going to read it for his own entertainment.

The school's library held tons of textbooks and novels. Endless amounts of books in that wide gym-like room. It was enormous that he once got lost even though he spent his whole life studying here.

He stopped when he finally saw the book he was looking for. As he grabbed the book from the shelf, he found a girl on the other side. She looked like she was going to get the book too but couldn't since he got it first.

"I'm sorry, did you want this book?" He apologized, asking the girl.

"Well I wouldn't be here staring at you if I didn't want the book, would I?" She said, a hint of annoyance through her voice.

Her sarcastic remark caught him off guard as she was a soft-looking girl. "I'll be using this for the time-being." He said, waving the book. "You can go find another book."

As he was leaving, he heard of Emma's voice not so far away. "(Y/N)! I found you!"

It was coming from the side of the bookshelf and the shelves weren't that packed with books, he could clearly see her talking to the girl who was rude to him earlier. Not wishing to be found by his best friend, he walks away. Though, Emma's voice called out to him before he could even leave. "Ray! You're here too! Look, look! She's new here!"

"That's not really my business." He said. "Also, shut up you're in a library."

"Don't be like that." Emma giggled as she dragged the girl to his side of the bookshelf. Once they were face to face, he could tell how irritated the girl was. Or so Emma calls her, (Y/N).

Her discomfort could be clearly seen when Emma clinged onto her arms. She surely did not enjoy this. "I didn't say we were friends though." (Y/N) said, looking the other way.

"Haha, you're silly." Emma said. "Of course we are your friends!"

"Excuse me, we?" Ray asked in confusion. "I literally just met her today."

"That doesn't matter!" Emma exclaimed.

"You're in a library." Ray said, warning her. "Be quiet."