ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

(Y/N) cried that night

She clung onto the pillow, sobbing alone. She never sought refuge in her mother's arms or any advice from her loving father. She doesn't tell anyone her problems. If ever she had friends, she'd tell them. But the problem was, there was no one to lean onto.

As it always should be.

No one should know her weak, pathetic side. Sure, she had told her mother about the breakup but not entirely. She should open up to her family, but she's scared that they won't understand.

She was afraid that her family will think of her as an overdramatic person.

Afraid. She always runs away from everything. She was too horrified to stand up for herself, leading for the ones who made fun of her taunt her even more. (Y/N) was fainthearted, as she could not muster up the courage to face Norman.

She just needs to survive two more years ignoring Norman. People would usually say to this kind of situation, why can't you just talk to him and get this over it? She can, but she chose not to.

Or maybe she was just indecisive.

Ignore, run and alone; three words that sums up (Y/N).

Insecurities, she hated the feeling. She should be happy, right? She was blessed with a kind and affluent family. There was no day that she starved.

Her throat closed up, feeling the tears rolling down her face once again. She sobbed quietly underneath the warm blanket, in hopes that her parents won't notice. Overthinking kept her up most of the night, leaving her to barely sleeping.

That morning she did her usual routine, but with no energy. She woke up tired, her eyes swollen. Her mom was concerned but (Y/N) dismissed her questions. Her father was already at work so she didn't see him around.

Once she arrived at Gracefield, with the help of her driver, she rushes to homeroom. There weren't much students in the classroom but there she saw Ray. She sat beside him without even greeting him. (Y/N) hung her head low, sighing in exasperation.

"And good morning to you." Ray said, flipping the page of the book he was currently reading.

"Morning, I guess." (Y/N) replies. There was nothing good in the morning.

"Hey, Ray." She called him. "Is it okay to cry?" She asked, turning towards him.

Ray was caught off guard with the question. He silently stared for a moment, before answering. "Yes, it's okay to cry. It's a way of expressing your feelings so there's no need to hold back if you ever feel like crying."

"Damn, makes me wanna cry right now." She grinned, laughing in pain.

Ray glances at her. "You were crying, weren't you?" He asked, which surprised her.