ғɪᴠᴇ

His day was a literal mess

His day was a literal mess. Ray hated how she was suddenly beside him. This was an overstatement now. She literally was everywhere. Now, she's in the library with him.

"Are you following me?" Ray asked, frowning.

It's like she was purposely annoying him.

"No." She laughs, getting a book that was near him. "It's just coincidence babe."

"I have a name." He deadpan, not liking the given nickname.

"You don't like me around, do you?" She said, turning to him. "Me too." She said, patting his shoulder.

"I hate the coincidence, pal." She said, waving goodbye. "See you."

He sighed and takes the book from the shelf. Maneuvering his way out of the library, he got out to go to the exit. There she found (Y/N) standing outside, staring at the hallway full of students.

She was breathing heavily, gripping on the straps of her bag. He looks at the way where she stared at. There by his locker just a few meters away was Norman and Emma. He was about to ask what was wrong with her, she suddenly turned to him grabbing his arm. "You gotta help me."

"What?" Ray asked in confusion.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Emma's voice rang out of the hallway, making the other students stare.

"Oh." He said, nodding. Sighing, he grabbed her and they ran away from the orange-haired girl who ran to their direction. He shouldn't be helping her. It wasn't his business and he didn't like her. But Emma was just too much to deal with and he relates to it so much.

As they run by the crowd of students, they got by the janitor's closet. It was a spacious room so they fitted there safely. Both of them panted heavily after running so fast. "You can let go of me now." She said, referring to him holding her hand.

"Right." He quickly lets go of her hand.

He peeked outside to see if Emma was around. Thankfully she only passed by, looking around to find (Y/N). "Thanks bro." She laughed, patting his back too hardly.

"Ow." He groaned, frowning at the girl. He doesn't even know why in the world he is helping her.

"I owe you." She quietly said, peeking outside. "I guess she's not around. "Thanks again, emo boy." She said, winking.

He hated that name. "Don't call me that you sarcastic idiot."

"I'm not always sarcastic." She said, as they go out of the closet.

"I can't even tell right now." He said.

"Hey shut up." She frowned. "You must hate me so much and yet you helped me. That's so kind of you emo boy."

"Stop calling me emo boy." He complained as he looks away, frowning. "I just don't want you to face Emma. She's hard to deal with."

"Yeah yeah." She said.

"I still don't like you." He stated.

"No one asked." She bit back.

How infuriating. "Well I hope I don't see you around again." Ray said.

"Same, emo boy." She said, waving. (Y/N) walked towards the opposite direction.

"Ray!" Emma's voice rang out from behind. He turned to her, hands in his pockets. "Did you see (Y/N)? She's a fast runner! I was supposed to let her meet Norman."

Ray shrugged, lying. "I don't know. Never seen her round."

"That's a shame." She said, looking down. "Well I'll see her around, I guess."

He was the best liar around. No one could tell if he was telling the truth or not. Only Norman and his Mom could see through his lies. Emma? She couldn't tell if he was due to the fact that he had a straight face on.

"Cafeteria at lunch!" She smiled before running away.

He nods, before walking to his last class. The boy was a little exhausted from all of the running. Right, it was PE class next.

He went to the changing rooms the school has. It was wide, with other of his male classmates inside. Opening his locker, he gets his uniform. After changing to his spare basketball shorts and a shirt, he went out of the locker room that was automatically connected to the gym.

Basketball was today's sports. They had a discussion about the origin of basketball before. Today they were going to play it.

Turning to the side, he was surprised to see (Y/N). She was dressed in the typical basketball shorts and an oversized white shirt.

He sees the other girls staring at him, which made him uncomfortable.

But his attention was still on (Y/N), who was smirking at him. "Yo, emo boy! We playing today, huh?"

He hated the coincidence. He hated how she calls him emo boy. He hated how she looked good in those clothes right now.

Shaking the thought of, he frowns and tries to ignore her. "Ignoring me now? That's breaking my heart." She sarcastically said.

"Today we play fair." Yuugo, their teacher, said out loud. "No pushing, no foul playing, and no injuries. You all got that?"

"Yes sir!"

"Good." Yuugo said. "I assume you all know how to play now?"

"Yes sir!"

"Good." He said, his gaze falling upon Ray. "You boy, your the captain for the other team."

He didn't really mind, but it was kind of uncomfortable to be the center of the attention.

Yuugo looked around at the students that stood straight. He averted his gaze towards the girl who kept yawning. "You, you're the new girl from yesterday right? You'll be the captain for the opposing team."

In the name of sweet heavens, her? "Yes sir." She nodded, walking towards Ray.

This was going to be a long day. "Now pick your teammates." Yuugo said.

Once they picked almost everyone, they all got in position. (Y/N) patted Ray's back hardly, before smiling. "I'm gonna beat you, emo boy."

"Sure you will." He rolled his eyes.

And so they play the game.

A/N:

I don't really know much about basketball so I'm skipping their game! Ah, such a good author.

Stay tuned for the next update! :D