ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ

Norman was surprised

To see (Y/N) standing infront of him, all grown up and glaring straight at him. He felt overwhelmed and scared to see her. Scared, he feared that she would bring up the day when they broke up.

Yes, he knew it was cruel to end things on the phone. He regretted it, every single bit of it. And to use her to be reminded of Emma, that was the cruelest thing ever.

He badly wanted to apologize. He wanted to made amends. Norman wished he could change the past easily, but he knew he could not do that.

There she stood, her head lowered down as the children stared at her. "(Y/N), where's your partner?" The teacher asked, while she didn't respond.

"I don't wanna be her partner."

"Me too."

"She's weird."

Norman stared at the girl, before glancing up to the teacher. "I'll be her partner."

The girl's head perked up in surprise, looking at Norman. The boy only smiled at the girl, before walking towards her. Yes, he left his partner who only pouted because they didn't have a partner now.

"Hi, my name is Norman." He simply smiled, a smile that somehow lifted her spirits up.

"I know who you are." She quietly said. "And you're just forced to partner up with me because you pity me."

"Pity you?" Norman asked in confusion. "I wanted to be friends!"

(Y/N)'s eyes widened as she heard that statement. "You want to be friends.. With me?"

"Yeah." He softly smiled.

"Oh." She said, her cheeks slightly red. "Hey, you're the who.."

"Nevermind." She brushed it off.

"Ah, the other day?" Norman asked. "Yes, that was me."

"I see." (Y/N) said, lowering her head.

They stood in silence as the teacher discussed on what to do. (Y/N) looked like she wanted to tell him something. "Hey, Norman." She spoke his name. "Why do you want to be friends with a weirdo like me?"

"A weirdo?" He asked, confused. "You're not a weirdo."

"But they call me a weirdo, and I am a weirdo." She simply said, looking down her desk. "They always make fun of how much of a loner I am."

"Well you're not alone now!" Norman exclaimed. "I'm your friend now."

(Y/N) stared at him in surprise and in disbelief. "... Really?" She asked.

Norman had saw others bully her and make fun of her. He knew how hurtful words were, as if you have been stabbed with a knife through the heart. No one can take their words back once it has strike in the heart.