ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ

When (Y/N) arrived at the party, she was greeted by unfamiliar faces

Gilda's home wasn't that far from the academy so she managed to go right after school. Her house was neatly decorated actually, the surroundings gave off a cool and relaxing vibe to everyone. Though (Y/N) wouldn't call the crowd pleasing.

Kai was left behind at school due to personal reasons, which made her dislike being in the party even more. Though he said he would catch up any time soon.

She pushed through the crowd, searching for a backdoor and get some fresh air. Luckily she found one but unfortunately the back door led to the backyard where there were even more people. Groaning internally, she stuck by the door crossing her arms hoping nobody talks to her.

At gatherings, she would always have someone she knew by her side so she wouldn't feel so awkward. Not that she goes out too much but that is what she always did. She would've waltz down to the food table but that would be too embarrassing for her.

"(Y/N)?" A confused feminine voice startled her. "Whatcha doin' alone?" Emma asked, a drink on her hand.

"Oh nothing." (Y/N) said in a monotonous voice, looking down. "Counting the grass, I guess?"

"Oh, that sounds fun!" Emma cheered, starting to look down as well. Seriously, is she that desperate to be her friend? "One, two, three.." She started counting.

"I was joking." She deadpans at her stupidity. "Anyway, bye." She turns around.

"No wait! Let's go hang out with my friends." Emma smiled cheerfully, which was one of her attractive attributes on her. Who would dare refuse the campus crush? (Y/N) would.

She pretends to look at the ground, and then up towards the sky. Looking back at Emma who was literally beaming out of hopefulness that she will say yes, she shrugged. "Nah, I'm good."

She would've joined them, but it was quite awkward to be with people she only just met. "But Ray's there!" Emma persuaded.

"So?" (Y/N) raised her brows at her. "He'd prefer for me to stay away."

Emma suddenly grinned at her. "Ooh, you just want to avoid him because you got a crush on him!" She teased her, expecting a flustered reaction. But instead she frowns at her statement, glaring at the girl coldly. How did this girl come up with a conclusion like that?

"Excuse me?" (Y/N) glowered at her. "Don't make up excuses that aren't true just because you want me to hang out with you. You're too persistent, get lost." She rudely said, leaving Emma behind.

Yup, drove away a potential friend. Emma did nothing to her, but why does she feel so mad towards her? She shouldn't feel mad to such a bright and kind girl.

Inferior, maybe she felt inferior to her. To be told as someone who was like her made her feel a little bit inferior. She's not going to lie, Norman's words hit her hard. To be compared to another made her question her own personality.