Us?

India P O V:

The next day.

My phone buzzed.

Chris: Hey, I'm heading to the beach today. Do you wanna tag along and chill?

I hesitated.

Me: Alright, sure 🙈. Let me just get ready and I'll come meet you.

Chris: alright, I'll text you soon 😁.

I put my phone down and tied my hair up. Lazily, I laid across the bed and sighed. "Morning, baby." Jake said as he entered in.

"Jake.. that still makes me shy." I mumbled shyly, looking over at him. "I can't help it. I'm still happy I can finally call you baby now, and it's not awkward." He snickered goofily.

I grinned.

He sat down next to me, his eyes drifted up and down my legs. I only had shorts and a baggy top on which he said he finds "sexy".

"Indy, you know what that does to me?" He said. "I do, but you can't do anything about it right now."

"Why not?"

I sat up properly and grabbed a towel, "I'm heading to the beach today. - with my friend- that's why." I said, opening the bathroom door.

"Eh, .. what friend?"

"My friend,- Chris."

"Who's Chris?" He asked, standing up.

"Just a friend, it's fine, Jake.- I promise."

"Do I know this Chris?" He asked. "No. He helped me out when I broke up with Ja-..him."

He rolled his eyes in some what acceptance. "Oh him, alright." He replied, "when you back?"

I shrugged, "I don't know. Not too late, we're plotting tonight, aren't we?"

"Oh, shit yeah. The whole Maverick thing."

I nodded, walking in the bathroom and running the shower immediately.

Later.

I arrived at the beach, bikini top on, and some shorts with a mesh dress over it.

My eyes sharply spotted Chris, we both smiled and begun heading each others way. "Hey, how are you?" He asked as we released from our short hug.

"I'm good, just been keeping my head up." I said as we started walking down the pathway.

The beach was busy today.
There wasn't too much free space to be honest with you.

"That's good." "What about you?" I asked, smiling at him.

"Uh, yeah, I'm all good. I've just been bored with life. Like, I wanna explore and get out of Florida, you know? Head away from home." He said, as our route changed to the sand.

"Explore where though, like out of the states?"

"Fuck yeah? London, Paris, Thailand, places where I've always dreamed to go."

"It's good you're ambitious. Like, you know what you wanna do." I said, as we sat on a comfortable patch of sand, along the sea front.

"London is my goal. I gotta to go there, man. I wanna live there and everything, owning my own company there would be my life complete."

I put my hand onto his knee, "I'm happy for you, Chris." He smiled and nodded, "th-thanks."

To be continued.
love you guys, thank you for reading 👼