Ruby Lawson.

The next day.

"Jacob, wake up, Ruby's mom wants you there nice and early." My mom said, holding my blazer in her arms.

"Alright-" I said, sitting up. "I hate sleeping in here, it doesn't even feel like my room anymore. Mami, you need to move."

"What? No why, Jacob?"

"I know he hits you."

She covered her mouth and started crying hysterically into her palms. She sat onto the bed slowly.

I grabbed her and hugged her tightly.

"You was my hero, my knight in shining armour and when you left me I was defenceless. I was in love at one point, you know. I mean I still..I don't know."

"-by friday, we'll be out of here. We leave them here with this place and we move you and aunt Flora out, okay?"

"Jacob,-"

"No mom, I'm not letting anyone hurt you like dad again, okay? That fucker deserves nothing but pain."

"Oh, Jacob, your language. But, okay." She sighed, brushing her hair back with her hand.

-

An hour later, I was ready. "You look very smart, baby." Flora said, smoothing out my shoulders.

"Thanks, Flow."

"You ready, Jake?" My mom called, holding open the door. "Yeah, ready." I said. "Be strong, babyboy." Flora said before I left.

"I'll try."

I hopped in the car, buckling my belt. "Mom, I'm scared."

She looked at me.

"Ja-Jacob, no one will say anything. We all know India didn't do it, they don't, let them believe what they need to, you hear?" She lectured.

"Yes-"

"Good, if anyone needs to say anything, you ignore or-or tell them how the..how the fuck it is."

I looked at her, eyebrows raised.

"You swore."

"Jacob, I'm old enough." She replied bluntly. "You sound funny when you swear, mommy." I laughed. "-silencio nino."

"Eso es grosero." I sneered back playfully.

That means, 'that's rude,' because she told me to keep quiet.

"Oh jacob, I don't care." She heckled back.

-

She dropped me off to the cemetery, just infront of the church.

"Thanks, I'll call you when everything's done."

"Okay, please be careful, and be strong, please please please."

"Yes Ma, I will, love you, I'll see you later."

I shut the door and waved, she smiled and waved back.

My phone buzzed..

'India calling 💓😘💎👫🙈🎀...'

"Hey hey." I answered. "Hi babe, how is everythjng? Are you there?"

"Yeah, nervous as shit. I mean, I feel like I might actually get murdered today."

"Don't be pathetic, no one gon' touch you. Just know, Chres is on your side. If you see him, tell him I said hi."

"Will do."

"Jacob, I mean it. "Baby, you want pancakes?'" I heard in the back.

"Jason's there? - he slept over?"