Plot.

India P O V:

"I just wanna go home."

He looked at me, "India, I know. But, we need to find this out."

"I DIDN'T KILL RUBELLA LAWSON." I yelled, standing up. An officer grabbed me and shoved me against the wall.

"What the fuck-..get the fuck off me." I sneered, wiggling out of his hands.

"Let her go officer." He said. He released and stood aside.

"Okay, India. I'm going to put you on on minor bail, meaning you shall return on the 20th of July for a court hearing or a governor conclusion meeting, okay?"

"Yeah." he handed me the contract.

I signed quickly and picked my chair back up. "So, can I go now?"

"Please, let me escort you."

He stood up and walked me out of the room.

Gloria, Jerry, Jake and Jason sat there, faces full of worry.

"Oh, baby." Gloria said, hugging me instantly. "We wont let them take you." She scolded, looking towards the officer.

"It's okay, I'm not letting the motherfuckers take me either."

We walked back to the cars, "India can come with me." Jase offered, walking me to his car.

"Alright, see you at home." Gee said, getting into the car with the rest.

I hopped into the car, buckling up.

I can't believe they were prepared to punish me.

The worse they could do is put me in youth juvenile detention, which wouldn't be so bad.

The kids there are just like me, naughty and fucked up.

I mean, if I get sent down, they can still visit me and stuff so it can't be that bad.

But, I wont let them take me. I know it wasn't me.You know?

"So, this Ruby case is related to you?"

"Yes." I murmured. "Scary." He continued.

My head shot to him, "You think it was me?"

"Of course not, no baby."

I scuffed and faced forward. "Who would frame you like this?"

"Probably someone at school." I replied, looking down, "Coward." I added.

-

Gradually we got home.

"I'm not letting them put her in Juvenile detention, for something she didn't do?"

"Neither am I, but Gloria, you can't be angry with the whole world." Jerry replied.

"India would never bring herself to do this." Jake added. "I agree with Jacob." Ronny replied.

"When I find this-..ugh, I swear." I sneered, clenching my fists. "I'll find them before the 20th. This one's not going down easy." I added.

Jake sat on the couch beside me and glared at his phone.

"I..I uh, gotta text from my Ma. I gotta go back to NY on the 17th." He said.

"What? Why?"

"It'll be Ruby's funeral."

I sighed and sat back, "Promise you wont let no one get to you?" I said, grabbing his hand.

He nodded, "I promise."