Chapter 1

Yoenjun's POV

08:30

"Do you, Nickolas Wang take Kim Olive Yoenjun, to be your lawfully wedded wife, to love and to care for, to cherish and to be with, in sickness and in health, til death do you part?" I saw the hesitation in his eyes and I knew, this couldn't go on.

"Nickolas?" The priest called out.

"Huh?" I could tell his head wasn't even in this church building.

"Do you-" He repeated.

"Yea, yea, I do." He interrupted.

I could hear relief sighs, mainly from the front row.

Now it was my turn. Gosh I was dreading this moment. I looked at my mom, than at my dad. My mom smiled and she nodded her head, encouraging me to go on. She was the one who understood me the most in the family. A true pillar, I must say. Dad was just your typical traditional korean man, standard, but a good dad.

Then there was my sister, Kim Elodie Yoongi, Nickolas' actual true love, slash, my best friend. I didn't plan this wedding. In fact, I was against it with all I had. But at the same time, I couldn't say no because of the business transaction. Basically, I was in an arranged marriage.

With Nickolas Rameriz-Wang. My childhood best friend. I never saw Nick in that way. Neither did he. But the first time he saw my sister, all his senses went out the window.

Yoonie is two years younger than me, but my parents considered her the child of the house. She's 25 years, mind you. So when the marriage proposal came along, the oldest had to marry into the Wang family. Now the reason why I continued with the wedding was because I knew, if I broke it off, Nickolas would have to marry someone totally different. Someone who was not a Kim. And I couldn't have that since Nick was already secretly married to Yoonie.

Yep, there, I said it. Nick is married to my sister and I was there. It was a nice wedding. Simple and elegant. But they needed it to be in front of everyone to somewhat validate it in front of his family. And now was a good chance. Anyways, so I thought of a plan. One that would ensure that they would get married to each other, instead of me. By dumping Nick on the alter.

Now if I did that, originally to avoid humiliation, the next of kin married the groom. And in my case, it would be Nick's actual wife, my sister. And Nickolas can't really break the wedding because his business still needs his family support. Like I said, all of this is just politics and business transactions that don't necessarily involve us 'kids'.

So to prevent the elope version of their story, this was the best decision for both of them. Because even if they did elope, they would miss their parents. I know those two, very mussy and cheesy. I was strong. I could take it. And dad, dad would came around, eventually.

"Do you Kim Olive Yoenjun,-" I looked at Nickolas and I smiled. I loved Nick. Not as how I would love a husband, but as a big brother, someone who could take care of Yoonie and someone who was just, oh so kind.

And I knew, sacrificing myself was worth it. I hoped it was, even for them.

"To be your lawfully wedded-"

"No!" I spoke out aloud, closing my eyes and looking down. I could hear grasped around the room and shock was what filled it the most. I slowly opened my eyes, and I looked at where my dad was sitting. He was standing up with my mom, shock and confusion filled his eyes.

Before this wedding, my dad asked if I wanted to marry, and I asked, if I said no, what would it mean? He informed me that it would mean that Nickolas would marry my archenemy, Mavery White. That girl was plastic. She was all for the money and the gold. And I knew that I couldn't let that happen to Nick. He would be miserable his whole life, probably even kill himself for it.