Chapter 13

Liam's POV

"How are you so calm?" She asked me.

"Trust me, I'm anything but calm. I'm just trying to put up a front because I'm the man here, and I'm your husband." I chuckled.

"Well you doing a damn good job at it," She muttered, I smiled.

"I'm sorry I'm a mess," She mumbled.

"Look, Junie, you don't have to explain anything. I mean, look at me, for a man who said I wasn't gonna marry at the age of 25, I got a wedding band in my finger, legally that is. Just how my mother wanted.." I softly chuckled.

Just thinking about it was all crazy. I mean to say, my mom wanted me to marry and I didn't, only to actually do a few hours later with a stranger at that too.

"Wait, you 25 years?" She asked, wiping her tears.

"You seem shocked." I bit my lower lip. A habit of mine I articulated over time.

"No, it's just, -" she started. "I thought you were older." She truthfully replied.

"It's okay. How old are you?" I asked.

"I'm 27 years," She looked down, playing with her hands again. She seemed to be embarrassed with her age, but I was kinda looking forward to it. I have never dated anyone older than me, let alone marry. Maybe that is why my relationships never really worked out.

The girls I dated weren't very mature to begin with. But when I looked at Junie, she a tad uncomfortable yet again, so I tried lightening up the mood.

"Well, that explains your reasoning." I slightly nodded.

"Meaning?" She looked at me when I said this.

"I mean, you more experienced in this thing called life, and I've been making a shit show of mine. Maybe you could teach me a thing or two." I grinned.

"Oh, I couldn't possibly be doing it right." She drank water. 

"From the looks of it, it's better than mine. Come on wife, you remember you vowed and said for better and for worse. And if you think this is worse, then you can make it better right?" I joked. 

Till death do us part.

Who knew someone could say those words to me and mean them? Did Junie mean them? And if she didn't, then how in the world will this marriage work out. Are we gonna try and make a contract, or we just gonna where the winds take us? Or we will just play pretend and only be marriage in paper only? Goodness I hope it's not the last one. 

I actually wanna know Junie and be her husband. I would never cheat, nor make her sad. I'd only need a chance. A chance for her to actually accept me as her husband and allow me to love and shower her with all I can give.

"So, you know my family is a quite traditional family right-" She started, interrupting my train of thoughts, "and when they marry into another family, it's kinda for life," She mumbled the last part I couldn't hear her.

"Pardon me, I couldn't quite get the last part." I urged her to increase of volume.

"Once you marry into the Kim family it's for life," She uttered with her eyes shut. I guess she  didn't want to see my  reaction, and I couldn't help myself. I started laughing. Is that what's worrying her? That I will pretend that we not marriage? Well it looks like we were worried about the same thing. My prayers are slowly being answered.

She slightly opened my eyes, and still, I was at it. This was good. I was actually happy.  And for the first time in a long time I laughed like I meant it. I wasn't drank, or with my brothers. I was with my wife, and it felt good to laugh sober. It felt really good. I know that doesn't make sense, but somehow it does, to me.

"You not mad?" She asked.

"Why would I be?" 

"I don't know. Maybe because I just said that we are married for life." She stated matter of factly.

Girl, you have no idea how much I wanted to hear those words from you.

"And what's wrong with that?" I asked, taking her hands into mine.

"Honey, when I said till death due us apart, I wasn't joking." I assured her.
"Truth be told, I thought maybe you would want to back down from this marriage. I mean, we barely knew each other but here we are with wedding bands. It's crazy right?"

She chuckled.

"Well that's true. I never really thought I'd just marry. Let alone to a stranger I met at a pub. My mom would have a fit." She let go of my hand and sat back.

"But I won't back down. Not on my word, nor my promise." Then she took another sip of water.

The waiter came and we both burgers, a stack of ribs and a couple of drinks.

Bon appetite

When the waiter was gone, I just looked at her. The more I stay with her, which only has been a couple of hours, I get to learn parts of her that I didn't think existed.

"For a lady you sure eat a lot." I commented.

"I've never had that much to drink. Quite frankly, my head feels like it's gonna explode and the only thing I can do and just eat and not take another drink." She rubbed her temples.

"How in the world do people do this thing called drinking and still come out alive and well?" She asked.

"It comes with experience." Our food then arrived and I have to say, that was fast and impressive work. The food was mouth watering to say the least and they added a side of fried chips for me, and potato wedges for Junie.

We started to devour our food, but I know I had to get this out my chest.

"Junie," I started.

"Huh?" She looked up.

"I'd hope to be your husband." I uttered nervously.

"But you are my husband." She chuckled.

"No, I mean to say, to have the privilege to do everything a husband should do for and with his wife." I looked at her reaction to see if I could continue, and I realized if I did, I probably wouldn't finish. So I continued.

" Give me the chance to learn to love you and cherish you, because I'd be lying if I said I had any idea of what I'm doing. But give me a chance to try, a chance to grow old with you. Is that okay?"

"I'd love nothing more Mr P." She smiled, showing off her straight white teeth.

"Well good Mrs. P, because I'd like to shower you with all the love there is in the world."

"I look forward to it." She raised her bottle in agreement.

**********************

Hello beautiful souls.

This author is back. I'd hope this finds you good and your light is shining really bright. This is yet another chapter and I hope this works already. I've have loved y'all, and I'm loving yall still.